Road to war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to war

Sen. Carl Levin laid out pretty damn clearly how this administration misled the American people on the entire WMD issue.

And not because they believed the intel to be true, he showed several times where our intel was telling the administration that it was all BS, but they went ahead and ran the bullshit stories past us.

I am not talking partisan BS here, I mean he gave dates and facts. Clearly they only recognised the intel that they wanted to.

We should be able to get a transcript tomorrow, I will post.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

No one gives a shit about Hardball or what you think of the show.

Comment

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 8 2005, 02:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice.

Comment

It was September of 2002, just three days before the emotional one-year anniversary of 9/11 and the giant wound of the al Qaeda attack on New York was still open.

The Bush administration had assembled a media strategy team known as the White House Iraq Group. It consisted of top officials, including those in the vice president's office whose goals starting after Labor Day was to sell a war on Iraq, which had no detectable role on 9/11.

On September 7, 2002, White House chief of staff Andy Card referred to the effort in an interview with The New York Times and said, "From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August."

[/b][/quote]
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

This 2003 Frontline takes the story all the way back to Desert Storm, where it really began.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ows/iraq/view/
            The Dude abides.

Comment

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

John F. Kerry

anything else?

also, British intelligence still stands by the assertion that Saddam did seek uranium from Niger.

Also, the Senate confirmed that Joe Wilson is a liar.

I guess British intelligence and the US Senate are all in collusion with George W. Bush to wage a war by lying.

Read it and weep. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

also, British intelligence still stands by the assertion that Saddam did seek uranium from Niger.
                [/b][/quote]

racist
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

QUOTE(goon attack @ Nov 8 2005, 03:04 PM) Quoted post

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

John F. Kerry

anything else?

I guess British intelligence and the US Senate are all in collusion with George W. Bush to wage a war by lying.

[/b][/quote]

Ted Hiccup Kennedy said basically the same thing, but of course the polls supported that then.
                  I'm here until I'm gone, then I'm somewhere else!

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Nov 8 2005, 03:08 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

racist
                    [/b][/quote]

Comment

QUOTE(goon attack @ Nov 8 2005, 04:04 PM) Quoted post

John F. Kerry

anything else?

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]
                      No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                      President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                      President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

I like to refer to him as Teddy "I left a woman to suffocate in a car" Kennedy

That fucking clod has it only a tiny bit more together than Sheets.

Yeah, Dems! Or didn't you know you have a Klansman in your party?

Comment

I reserve the right to change my mind about the President anytime I so choose.

Right now, he's worthless. He's got 2 years to change my mind.

Comment

"Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                            "I didn't know you
                            had any feelings"

Comment

Working...
                            X