Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartolo Colon wins AL Cy Young

Linky
    Los Angeles Angels pitcher Bartolo Colon won the AL Cy Young on Tuesday.

The right-hander from the Dominican Republic was 21-7 with a 3.48 ERA during the regular season.

He beat out Mariano Rivera and last year's runaway winner Johan Santana.

Colon left his start against the New York Yankees in Game 5 of the ALDS of the playoffs after only 23 pitches because of inflammation in his right shoulder.

He had been bothered by tightness in his back since early September and did not play in the ALCS against the eventual champion Chicago White Sox.[/b][/quote]
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Code:
    Pitcher1st 2nd3rd Points 
    Bartolo Colon, Angels 1711 0 118
    Mariano Rivera, Yankees8 7 768
    Johan Santana, Twins 3 81251
    Cliff Lee, Indians 0 2 2 8
    Mark Buehrle, White Sox0 0 5 5
    Jon Garland, White Sox 0 0 1 1
    Kevin Millwood, Indians0 0 1 1
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Comment

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Don't care.

Comment

Let me put this through the pundit sound bite generator:

This doesn't bode well for Carpenter.

Willis has this sewn up.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 8 2005, 01:15 PM) Quoted post

Let me put this through the pundit sound bite generator:

This doesn't bode well for Carpenter.

Willis has this sewn up.
            [/b][/quote]
            I disagree. I dont think anything can be garnered from this award as to what will happen in the NL Cy Young. Colon was the only AL pitcher to win 20+. Second closest was only 18 and neither of them could touch Colon in strikeouts. And neither took a lead in other categories like BAA, OBP, or OPS.

The AL race was more of a Starter vs Reliever debate between Colon and Rivera.

Comment

Working...
            X