Hey Big Spenders! W and the GOP Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Big Spenders! W and the GOP Congress

These guys leave LBJ and the Great Society in their dust...more guns and more butter!

http://www.cato.org/pubs/tbb/tbb-0510-26.pdf
    The Dude abides.

Well, let's see here...the Republicans are acting like Democrats...the Democrats are acting like, well, normal...time for a third option.

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

Interesting table 1

Plenty of cuts to be made, but it looks like the current spending in the first term was driven by 9/11, the war and domestic bureaucracy restructuring. It looks as if Defense and domestic has far out paced predecessors, while Entitlements was kept in check.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Bush has spent over 3 times as much as Carter did, and almost twice as much as LBJ (who was also paying for a costly stupid war)?

Clinton didnt even make the top 5. Who woulda thunkit?

Does it really not bother 35-40% of the country that Bush is destroying it?
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Nov 8 2005, 12:09 PM) Quoted post

Interesting table 1

Plenty of cuts to be made, but it looks like the current spending in the first term was driven by 9/11, the war and domestic bureaucracy restructuring. It looks as if Defense and domestic has far out paced predecessors, while Entitlements was kept in check.
          [/b][/quote]

Nonsense.

Read the section just before the conclusion.
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Of course he spent on defense, Daddy and the VP are defense contractors.
            That along with handing money to big oil are all the American people have done since this guy got in office.
            Defense and oil profits way up under a defense and oil connected president, shocking.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Chimp will have all the bananas he can eat when his presidency is over.
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Nov 8 2005, 10:22 AM) Quoted post
                Chimp will have all the bananas he can eat when his presidency is over. [/b][/quote]

all on your dime [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

And yours too. You buy gas and pay taxes, right?

Comment

My main beef is that all this money could be used to deport a ton of people the fuck out of here, starting with the Muzzies.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Nov 8 2005, 10:26 AM) Quoted post
                      And yours too. You buy gas and pay taxes, right? [/b][/quote]

I seriously try and limit my tax liability.

Comment

Working...
                      X