Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the annual budget for the CIA is...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the annual budget for the CIA is...............

$44 Billion!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2.../8/94808.shtml

Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2005 9:45 a.m. EST

Oops! CIA Reveals $44 Billion Number

The annual budget of the Central Intelligence Agency has long been supersecret – or, at least, it used to be.

A week ago during a conference open to the public, Mary Margaret Graham, a 27-year veteran of the spy agency and currently the deputy director of national intelligence for collection, in an apparent slip of the tongue, revealed that the annual intelligence budget was $44 billion.

U.S. News and World Report reporter Kevin Whitelaw was there and astounded.

"I thought, ‘I can’t believe she said that,’” Whitelaw said. "The government has spent so much time and energy arguing that it needs to remain classified.”

Historically, the government has kept the current intelligence budget, as well as past budgets -- as far back as the 1940’s -- from being disclosed.

There was but one wrinkle in the pattern. In 1997, George J. Tenet, then the director of central intelligence, elected to make public that year’s budget of $26.6 billion. The next year Tenet repeated this, revealing that the 1998 fiscal year budget was $26.7 billion.

However, in 1999, Tenet did an abrupt about-face, and budgets since then have remained classified under the theory that disclosure could aid the nation’s adversaries.

The 9/11 Commission recommended that both the overall intelligence budget and spending by individual agencies be made public "in order to combat the secrecy and complexity” it concluded harmed national security.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Is the $44 billion for all intelligence agencies?? I may have read that wrong.
    --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

For that kind of dough, I hope the next country we invade actually has the WMDs
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Nov 8 2005, 10:23 AM) Quoted post

For that kind of dough, we could buy blackmarket Soviet WMDs and plant them in Iran.
        [/b][/quote]

Fixed.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Nov 8 2005, 11:23 AM) Quoted post

For that kind of dough, I hope the next country we invade actually has the WMDs
          [/b][/quote]
          No kidding.
          --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

For that kind of dough, I hope the next country we invade actually has the WMDs [/b][/quote]

++

Or even better, I hope the next country we invade actually does something to us to warrant their being invaded, occupied, and having their people jailed and tortured.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 8 2005, 10:56 AM) Quoted post

For that kind of dough, I hope the next country we invade actually has the WMDs [/b][/quote]

++

Or even better, I hope the next country we invade actually does something to us to warrant their being invaded, occupied, and having their people jailed and tortured.
              [/b][/quote]

Are we changing topics now?
              "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Nov 8 2005, 10:59 AM) Quoted post
                QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 8 2005, 10:56 AM) Quoted post

++

[/b][/quote]

Are we changing topics now? [/b][/quote]

Nope it's still about 44 Billion, and what it gets us.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                X