"Unlocked" Cell Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unlocked" Cell Phones

If one were to find these, how would one find out what frequenies the cell companies use here in the lou to assure the unlocked phones would work.

Specifically, Cingular GSM for now.

I've been told that Cingular uses the predominant GSM frequencies in the US which are 850 and 1900.

It's easiest to just look for a quad-band phone (850/900/1800/1900), though.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Nov 7 2005, 04:39 PM) Quoted post

I've been told that Cingular uses the predominant GSM frequencies in the US which are 850 and 1900.

It's easiest to just look for a quad-band phone (850/900/1800/1900), though.
      [/b][/quote]

I pretty much should have PM'd you since I was directing this question at you.

Thanks.

faggot.

Comment

Airshark would be a good guy to talk to about this also....seeing as though he works in the industry and all.
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

BBZ, you are correct regarding frequencies.

Comment

Working...
            X