Stewart Mandel's BCS Bowl Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart Mandel's BCS Bowl Projections

Jan. 4 Rose: USC (BCS No. 1) vs. Texas (BCS No. 2)
    Jan. 3 Orange: Miami (ACC champ) vs. Notre Dame (BCS at-large)
    Jan. 2 Sugar: Alabama (SEC champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East champ)
    Jan. 2 Fiesta: Penn State (Big Ten champ) vs. Oregon (BCS at-large)

That would be one snoozer of a Sugar Bowl...

On to the newest BCS rankings:

1. USC .9802
    2. Texas .9765
    3. Alabama .8814
    4. Miami .8805
    5. Penn State .8136
    6. Virginia Tech .7540
    7. LSU .6987
    8. Ohio State .6632
    9. Georgia .6313
    10. Oregon .6272
    11. Notre Dame .6065
    12. Texas Tech .5425

Oregon will not play in a BCS bowl before Ohio State...not a chance in hell.

edit: unless he thinks Ohio State is going to lose to Northwestern or Michigan.
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 7 2005, 03:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
      He had Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl against Florida.

Comment

LSU will beat 'Bama Saturday. Book it.
        --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
        --Suck it cubbies.
        --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Nov 7 2005, 04:57 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 7 2005, 03:55 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          He had Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl against Florida.
          [/b][/quote]

Well then he must think Ohio State is going to win out...

Due to the way Ohio State fans travel, if Ohio State is eligible for a BCS bowl, they are likely going to go, the only schools that have a prayer of being picked for an at large bid at this current moment are Notre Dame, LSU, and Ohio State...and it's because of the large fan bases...the only thing that matters when picking the teams for these games is who is going to bring more money...besides that Oregon would get slaughtered by all 3.
          You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

You don't think Oregon would sell all their tickets to the Fiesta Bowl?

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Nov 7 2005, 05:01 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

There are more factors involved in it then just selling tickets, sponsors want teams that make people turn on their TV sets, no one gives a shit about Oregon. The thought of them getting picked as an at large bid for a BCS bowl is almost comical.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Nov 7 2005, 04:01 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                I think they would. And I think they would get killed by Penn State.

Comment

Sorry, two Big Ten teams will not make it to these above BCS bowls listed.

The only way that would happen is if both went undefeated.......

Penn St. blew a golden chance against Michigan. They could have made some noise in the upper ranks.
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Oregon?

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Nov 7 2005, 04:03 PM) Quoted post

Oregon?
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Doesn't make sense to me either.

Comment

They need to remove the Big East automatic bid, give it to the MAC or something.

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Nov 7 2005, 05:03 PM) Quoted post

Sorry, two Big Ten teams will not make it to these above BCS bowls listed.

The only way that would happen is if both went undefeated.......

Penn St. blew a golden chance against Michigan. They could have made some noise in the upper ranks.
                          [/b][/quote]

It happened 2 years ago when Ohio State lost to both Michigan and Wisconsin, it could very well happen again.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 7 2005, 04:04 PM) Quoted post

They need to remove the Big East automatic bid, give it to the MAC or something.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Or get some good teams in the Big East.

Comment

And Nate, I agree that all those teams would beat Oregon. But they only have one loss, right? Might be tough to rationalize a two (soon to be three)-loss OSU or ND ahead of a one-loss (to SC) team from a major conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X