• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons & Dragons: on Sci-Fi Channel

Airshark? anybody?

Do you mean tonight or what?

Comment

Really? Now?
      D&D is really cool, no it is not all about evil witches or godlessness.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Here's what I know and it will be of no help to you. But I feel the need to express myself anyway.

My dad got me a D & D game when I was 8. I thought it was the COOLEST thing ever. Then none of my friends would play it w/me. That's when the magic died for me.

So, as I stated, I was of no help to you with the quest for your answer...but tonight someone out there in the intraweb world will sleep better now that they know that bit of meaningless information....
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 6 2005, 10:39 PM) Quoted post

Really? Now?
          D&D is really cool, no it is not all about evil witches or godlessness.
          [/b][/quote]

It's all about virgins playing a "table-top" game involving weird dice, using up dead trees for "character sheets", eating vast amounts of Cheetos and Jolt/Bawls/Mountain Dew/etc typically late into the night.

It's also the fastest way in the world for children ages 10-18 to piss off their extremely devout religious parents.
          Actually, it's not a bad game, it's just that typically kids outgrow it by no later than college.
          "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
          "I didn't know you
          had any feelings"

Comment

My paladin rocked.

And yes, that's what I called my penis.

Comment

My Chaotic Evil Fighter kicked ass.

It's just a game, no more or less fantasy than running a fantasy baseball team.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 6 2005, 10:54 PM) Quoted post

It's just a game, no more or less fantasy than running a fantasy baseball team. [/b][/quote]
                What a shock.

I chose lawful good.

You chose chaotic evil.

That explains a lot.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 6 2005, 10:59 PM) Quoted post

It's just a game, no more or less fantasy than running a fantasy baseball team. [/b][/quote]
                  What a shock.

I chose lawful good.

You chose chaotic evil.

That explains a lot.
                  [/b][/quote]

Chaotic evil just gives you the chance to make any choice you want, lawful good if played true to the word locks you into fighting many things you don't want to, forces you to do all kinds of stuff that again if played true to the definition of lawful good will get you killed.

I had many classes of characters, it is just that my most successful and powerful ended up being Durin a 17th level CE fighter.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 6 2005, 11:08 PM) Quoted post

What a shock.

I chose lawful good.

You chose chaotic evil.

That explains a lot.
                    [/b][/quote]

Chaotic evil just gives you the chance to make any choice you want, lawful good if played true to the word locks you into fighting many things you don't want to, forces you to do all kinds of stuff that again if played true to the definition of lawful good will get you killed.

I had many classes of characters, it is just that my most successful and powerful ended up being Durin a 17th level CE fighter.

[/b][/quote]
                    Like I said, it explains a lot. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 7 2005, 12:16 AM) Quoted post

What a shock.

I chose lawful good.

You chose chaotic evil.

That explains a lot.
                      [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                      Like I said, it explains a lot. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                      [/b][/quote]

I always throught (and still do, when talking about CRPG's) neutral-good is the way to go. You lean towards good, whether that means following the law or going against it.

From a Neverwinter Nights standpoint, my 32/8 Fighter/Thief was practically unstoppable.
                      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

QUOTE(ChiTownBluesFan @ Nov 6 2005, 11:50 PM) Quoted post
                        QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 7 2005, 12:16 AM) Quoted post

What a shock.

I chose lawful good.

You chose chaotic evil.

That explains a lot.
                        [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]

I always throught (and still do, when talking about CRPG's) neutral-good is the way to go. You lean towards good, whether that means following the law or going against it.

From a Neverwinter Nights standpoint, my 32/8 Fighter/Thief was practically unstoppable. [/b][/quote]

neutral-good is ok too, as long as you don't lock yourself into lawful anything, if you do there will be times when you run into a Paladin or a Very Evil person and you are forced to fight, when sometime running is far better.

Comment

neutral-good is ok too, as long as you don't lock yourself into lawful anything, if you do there will be times when you run into a Paladin or a Very Evil person and you are forced to fight, when sometime running is far better.[/b][/quote]

Because standing for something is always the wrong option. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 7 2005, 12:05 AM) Quoted post
                            neutral-good is ok too, as long as you don't lock yourself into lawful anything, if you do there will be times when you run into a Paladin or a Very Evil person and you are forced to fight, when sometime running is far better.[/b][/quote]

Because standing for something is always the wrong option. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                            [/b][/quote]

No wanting to live in a game is a better option, run away to fight another day is always good.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 7 2005, 12:15 AM) Quoted post
                              QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 7 2005, 12:05 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

No wanting to live in a game is a better option, run away to fight another day is always good.

[/b][/quote]
                              Like I said, it says a lot. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X