Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mizzou fans: How much longer for Pinkle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou fans: How much longer for Pinkle?

Hey guys,

IMO, Pinkle simply cannot get his teams ready to play meaningful games. (Beating Nebraska means very little, nowadays.) His team had a present on a golden platter, yet they manged to bumble and stumble it away.
    Make America Great For Once.

To me, not beating KU is the unforgivable sin. But he'll get next year to make something happen. We'll get a crummy bowl this year but in '06, he had better show some results.

Comment

The next two games are at home against Baylor and on the road at Kansas State. Both are very winnable games, however with the Tigers, one cannot bet the ranch on either game.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 6 2005, 07:38 AM) Quoted post

Hey guys,

IMO, Pinkle simply cannot get his teams ready to play meaningful games. (Beating Nebraska means very little, nowadays.) His team had a present on a golden platter, yet they manged to bumble and stumble it away.
        [/b][/quote]

Speak for yourself buddy.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

QUOTE(chiguy @ Nov 6 2005, 08:00 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 6 2005, 07:38 AM) Quoted post

Hey guys,

[/b][/quote]

Speak for yourself buddy.
          [/b][/quote]

Hey chi,

Congrats on breaking that streak. I think Nebraska may be in for a very long stay at the bottom. Why in the HELL would anyone want to go to Lincoln?

Good luck(not really) on next Saturday. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Comment

Gary Pinkel
            Quin Snyder

Comment

QUOTE(Fishbone @ Nov 6 2005, 08:34 AM) Quoted post

Gary Pinkel
              Quin Snyder
              [/b][/quote]

Don't forget Alden! Make it a trifecta...FIRE them all!

I'm beginning to think Boone Co. was named after George Boone.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Celtic @ Nov 6 2005, 07:47 AM) Quoted post
                To me, not beating KU is the unforgivable sin. But he'll get next year to make something happen. We'll get a crummy bowl this year but in '06, he had better show some results. [/b][/quote]
                Don't you have to win 6 to have a chance at a bowl?

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 6 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Celtic @ Nov 6 2005, 07:47 AM) Quoted post
                  To me, not beating KU is the unforgivable sin. But he'll get next year to make something happen. We'll get a crummy bowl this year but in '06, he had better show some results. [/b][/quote]
                  Don't you have to win 6 to have a chance at a bowl?
                  [/b][/quote]

If he wins the last two - which he should, as Baylor is fading badly and KSU is way down - he goes 7-4.

It will have felt a lot worse. He won't get an extension.

Pretty simple, despite his handwringing in the paper this morning about how hard we practice, etc. We've got to get better. On the field and on the sidelines. The scoreboard, in the vast majority of cases, tells the truth. CU is a much better team. We might have made it closer, but there's no way we're winning that game.
                  The Dude abides.

Comment

If he beats Baylor he gets another year.

If they finish the year on a 4 game losing streak... adios.

Next year needs to be better.

If he can beat KSU and Baylor....that's 7-4 and there have been damn few 7-4 seasons in Columiba since the days of Devine, Onofrio and Powers.

I had this one as a loss back in August. The one that still stings is last week's loss to KU.

Gotta beat KU...its that's simple.
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

They were 12 point underdogs. It would have been nice to win but unlikely. They should finish 7-4 and head to a bowl. As I have said, Mizzou is in no position to get rid of someone that takes them to a bowl.

We'll see how PinkEL does with Chase Daniel next year.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Those of you counting a win vs. KSU on the road are whistling past the graveyard - as usual.
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Nov 6 2005, 02:43 PM) Quoted post

Those of you counting a win vs. KSU on the road are whistling past the graveyard - as usual.
                          [/b][/quote]

They'll be fine. Unless it's windy. Or raining. Or snowing. Or sunny.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Nov 6 2005, 10:29 AM) Quoted post

If he beats Baylor he gets another year.

If they finish the year on a 4 game losing streak... adios.

Next year needs to be better.

If he can beat KSU and Baylor....that's 7-4 and there have been damn few 7-4 seasons in Columiba since the days of Devine, Onofrio and Powers.

I had this one as a loss back in August. The one that still stings is last week's loss to KU.

Gotta beat KU...its that's simple.
                            [/b][/quote]

Go Baylor!

Comment

QUOTE(Damtoft @ Nov 6 2005, 01:43 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I'm not counting anything.

I'm saying...if they win thre and beat Baylor...then 7-4 isn't bad by Mizzou standards.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X