#8 LSU
    #9 Gerogia
    #10 Va Tech
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 6 2005, 08:28 AM) Quoted post

#1 (Tie) USC -Texas
      [/b][/quote]

Gotta get off the fence and pick one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

1. USC
        2. Texas
        3. Miami
        4. Notre Dame
        5. Penn State
        6. Ohio State
        7. LSU
        8. Alabama
        9. Virginia Tech
        10. Oregon
        From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

SC
          Texas
          Miami
          Penn St
          Ohio St
          Alabama
          Va Tech
          LSU
          Notre Dame
          Georgia
          Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Nov 6 2005, 09:02 AM) Quoted post

#1 (Tie) USC -Texas
            [/b][/quote]

Gotta get off the fence and pick one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
            [/b][/quote]

Ok,

#1: Texas
            #2: USC

Comment

1. USC
              2. Texas
              3. Penn State
              4. Ohio State
              5. Miami
              6. Alabama
              7. Notre Dame
              8. LSU
              9. Va Tech
              10. Georgia
              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

1. USC
                2. Texas
                3. Miami
                4. Alabama
                5. Penn State
                6. Ohio State
                7. Notre Dame
                8. LSU
                9. Va Tech
                10. Georgia

Comment

Team Record (record against top 10, record against top 30)

1. Texas 9-0 (2-0, 3-0) -- needed to make a statement. Made it.

2. USC 9-0 (2-0, 3-0) -- early night for Reggie and company.

Undefeated teams that failed to qualify -- Alabama; Bama/Miss. St gets the Xanax Game of the Week

3. Penn State 8-1 (1-1, 5-1) -- put a line through Wisconsin

4. Miami 8-1 (1-0, 3-1) -- put a line through Virginia Tech

5. Virginia Tech 8-1 (0-1, 2-1) -- welcome to November

6. Oregon 8-1 (0-1, 2-1) -- game win with 3rd string QB (Leaf's little brother) over Cal in OT

7. LSU 7-1 (0-0, 3-1) -- anyone else think 24-0 over Appalachian State is underwhelming?

8. West Virginia 7-1 (0-1, 1-1) -- going, going,...

One loss teams that didn't qualify -- Texas Tech, Georgia, UCLA, Fresno State (may be the best of the group)

9. Ohio State 7-2 (0-2, 3-2) -- on the phone discussing a game with VT next November

10. Notre Dame 6-2 (1-1, 1-2) -- trying to schedule VT next November; keeps getting busy signal
                  "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

1) USC - Book it.
                    2) Texas - Book it.
                    3) Miami - Absolutely dismantled the Hokies. Defense is rock solid.
                    4) Penn State - Big 10 champs. They look good, and the Spartans have mailed it in.
                    5) The Ohio State University - I am done with the "diplomatic" thing as well. Hokies loss really hurts their BCS bid.
                    6) Notre Dame - SOS is really going to take a dump the next few weeks. Can they finish in the top 12 BCS?
                    7) Alabama - Sorry, I am just not seeing it. Their defense may be good, but their offense and the SEC for that matter are not.
                    8) Va Tech - Annual Novemeber collapse. Do they have another in them?
                    9) Oregon - Played a pretty solid game against Cal.
                    10) LSU - Didn't see the game, but did they really only have 14 points through 3 quarters against Appalachian State, at home?

11) Georgia - I think they would be in my top 10, but I can't move them up during an off week,
                    12) Texas Tech - No longer a big player in Texas' Rose Bowl bid, but still fun to watch.
                    13) Florida - Vanderbilt at home? Bogus unsportsmanlike conduct prevented Vandy from going for 2 and the win.
                    14) Auburn - Flying under the SEC radar.
                    15) Kansas - Maintains the 15 spot after ending the streak vs. Nebraska.

Comment

Hey guys,

The year that Alabama won the title under Stallings, didn't they have a great defense and weak offense?

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 6 2005, 04:04 PM) Quoted post

Hey guys,

The year that Alabama won the title under Stallings, didn't they have a great defense and weak offense?
                        [/b][/quote]

Yes. Bama has a rich tradition of being over rated.
                        "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

We don't get to vote on the KU-Mizzou clash?
                          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

#1 (Tie) USC -Texas
                            #3 Miami (Fl)
                            #4 Bama
                            #5 Notre Dame
                            #6 Penn State
                            #7 Ohio St
                            #8 LSU
                            #9 Gerogia
                            #10 Va Tech
                            [/b][/quote]

A lot of love for the SEC, Kev.

Bama hasn't played a difficult schedule nor looked good against lesser opposition.

LSU is the one SEC team that plays a reasonable schedule, at least by SEC standards. LSU noses out Louisville on SOS #56 to #58. Otherwise, all four rated SEC teams would have the softest SOS of the top 20 teams.

At least LSU and Bama play each other. Georgia doesn't play either of those teams. They have played one decent conference foe and they lost that game.

An objective rating of the conferences puts the Big 10 firmly in 1st place. The ACC, Pac 10, and Big 12 are closely bunched at 2-4 with the SEC well behind in 5th place. Does it make sense that the 5th rated conference would have more top 10 teams than any other conference?

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 6 2005, 03:04 PM) Quoted post

Hey guys,

[/b][/quote]

Joke down in SEC-land is, yeah Alabama is 8-0 under Shula, but imagine how good they'd be if they would have hired Crooms.

SEC is weak this year. Neither Alabama or LSU are that good.

Jaws -- Since when does any team make a statement beating Baylor?
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X