Bush's Presidential Accomplishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush's Presidential Accomplishments

I'm going to preface this by saying that while I haven't responded or thrown my opinions at any of the political bullshit that Goon Attack has fertilized here...I'd REALLY appreciate it if this thread isn't hijacked by that crap...

My question is this...and I'm honestly interested in the answers...

What has Bush done during his Presidency that has had a positive impact on the country?

When he leaves office...what can he say happened under his watch that made the country better than it was before he was elected??
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

If we end up with great democracy in Iraq he will be praised.
      (but of course in my opinion.. that isn't why we were told we went to Iraq so it shouldn't be seen as a victory for him, but it will be and already is being spun that way)
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(The Skeptic @ Nov 5 2005, 11:27 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I agree. Bush does think he's King of the Hill...

How about commenting on his legacy, Einstein.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 5 2005, 11:28 PM) Quoted post

If we end up with great democracy in Iraq he will be praised.
          (but of course in my opinion.. that isn't why we were told we went to Iraq so it shouldn't be seen as a victory for him, but it will be and already is being spun that way)
          [/b][/quote]

There will never, ever, ever, be democracy in Iraq...you can't teach an old dog new tricks....

Comment

Two things...

1) He isn't done yet RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY

2) Legacy sometimes aren't formed for a generation or two....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Although Septic certainly proves you can make idiotic commentary at any time, it is totally irrelevant to talk about legacies during a presidency, much less even a few years after.

Bush's legacy will be buffeted by the actions and reactions that occur over the course of the next 20 years. Same as Clinton, same as Reagan.

At this juncture, we're seeing things -- the funding of Saddam, Venezuela, etc. -- that have bearing on what RR did. So only now do I believe we can begin talking competently about how Reagan served as a president.

Come back and post in 20 years and we can intelligently discuss the issue of legacies and Bush.
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Nov 5 2005, 11:35 PM) Quoted post

Although Septic certainly proves you can make idiotic commentary at any time, it is totally irrelevant to talk about legacies during a presidency, much less even a few years after.

Bush's legacy will be buffeted by the actions and reactions that occur over the course of the next 20 years. Same as Clinton, same as Reagan.

At this juncture, we're seeing things -- the funding of Saddam, Venezuela, etc. -- that have bearing on what RR did. So only now do I believe we can begin talking competently about how Reagan served as a president.

Come back and post in 20 years and we can intelligently discuss the issue of legacies and Bush.
                [/b][/quote]
                Well put...

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Nov 5 2005, 11:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                  Well put... [/b][/quote]

Which is the exact same answer I gave in the other thread.

has reading comprehension issues, I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 5 2005, 11:39 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    Well put... [/b][/quote]

has reading comprehension issues, I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]

No. wanted the input of everyone that didn't stumble upon that thread.

And fine..."legacy" is a bad word...

I'll change the title...

The point of this little jaunt was to determine what Bush has done that has benefited the constituency...

What HAS he done?

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Nov 5 2005, 11:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      Well put... [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'll change the title...

The point of this little jaunt was to determine what Bush has done that has benefited the constituency...

What HAS he done?
                      [/b][/quote]

THIRD PERSON ALERT!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Nov 5 2005, 11:24 PM) Quoted post

When he leaves office...what can he say happened under his watch that made the country better than it was before he was elected??
                        [/b][/quote]

1. Record-breaking profits for oil companies.

2. Cleansed the gene pool of a couple thousand kids not fast enough to dodge suicide bombers.

3. NHL salary cap.
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Nov 5 2005, 11:55 PM) Quoted post
                          QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Nov 5 2005, 11:44 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          Well put... [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'll change the title...

What HAS he done?
                          [/b][/quote]

THIRD PERSON ALERT!!!!! [/b][/quote]

pgrote thinks this is funny.

Comment

Dicks.

SLU wil be passing out spoons.

Comment

QUOTE(OldSchoolStroker @ Nov 5 2005, 09:56 PM) Quoted post

3. NHL salary cap.
                              [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                              X