X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH

IN ILLINOIS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 10 COUNTIES

IN SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS

CALHOUN IL GREENE IL JERSEY IL MACOUPIN IL MADISON IL MONROE IL ST. CLAIR IL

IN WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS

ADAMS IL BROWN IL PIKE IL

IN MISSOURI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 23 COUNTIES

IN CENTRAL MISSOURI

AUDRAIN BOONE CALLAWAY COLE MONITEAU OSAGE

IN EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI

CRAWFORD FRANKLIN GASCONADE JEFFERSON LINCOLN MONTGOMERY ST. CHARLES ST. LOUIS WARREN WASHINGTON

IN NORTHEAST MISSOURI

KNOX LEWIS MARION MONROE PIKE RALLS SHELBY

IN MISSOURI THIS WATCH INCLUDES 1 INDEPENDENT CITY

IN EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI

ST. LOUIS CITY THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...BELLEVILLE...BOWLING GREEN... COLUMBIA...EDWARDSVILLE...HANNIBAL...JEFFERSON CITY...MEXICO... QUINCY...ST CHARLES...ST LOUIS AND UNION.[/b][/quote]

Hey CAPS police, take it up with Weather.com
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Tornadoes...in November??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

You sure do have some fucked up weather there in the Midwest...

Sure glad I don't have to worry about natural disasters out here in Sunny California [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 5 2005, 05:08 PM) Quoted post
      Hey CAPS police, take it up with Weather.com
      [/b][/quote]

LOL!
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 5 2005, 06:12 PM) Quoted post

Sure glad I don't have to worry about natural disasters out here in Sunny California [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
        [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Question: Will California eventually fall off into the ocean? Answer:

No. The ocean is not a great hole into which California can fall, but it is itself land at a somewhat lower elevation with water above it. It’s absolutely impossible that California will be swept out to sea. Instead, southwestern California is moving horizontally northward towards Alaska as it slides past central and eastern California. The dividing point is the San Andreas fault system, which extends from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north. This 800 mile long fault is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters (two inches) per year (the rate your fingernails grow). At this rate, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day (about 15 million years from now) be next-door neighbors, and in an additional 70 million years, Los Angeles residents will find themselves with an Alaska zip code!
          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 5 2005, 03:15 PM) Quoted post

No. The ocean is not a great hole into which California can fall, but it is itself land at a somewhat lower elevation with water above it. It’s absolutely impossible that California will be swept out to sea. Instead, southwestern California is moving horizontally northward towards Alaska as it slides past central and eastern California. The dividing point is the San Andreas fault system, which extends from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north. This 800 mile long fault is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving to the northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters (two inches) per year (the rate your fingernails grow). At this rate, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day (about 15 million years from now) be next-door neighbors, and in an additional 70 million years, Los Angeles residents will find themselves with an Alaska zip code!
            [/b][/quote]

Sweet. That'll make the drive down to LA for the A's/Angels series a lot quicker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 5 2005, 05:15 PM) Quoted post

At this rate, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day (about 15 million years from now) be next-door neighbors..... [/b][/quote]

Not good for future Dodgers/Giants fans... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Nov 5 2005, 06:15 PM) Quoted post

No.
                [/b][/quote]
                Damn. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
                Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
                Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

I heard a futurist on the radio one time. He talked about some city that is falling into the ocean slowly but it might end up falling all at once and if it does, the waves will reach florida and there will only be a number of hours warning.

he decided that if he and his wife didn't move out of the state, he would have a hot air balloon at the ready in his garage. But now he lives in Minnesota.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Look Out!!!

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

It's 70 degrees right now in the St. Louis area. It's November 5th. It's 8:45pm. Amazing.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Nov 5 2005, 09:45 PM) Quoted post

It's 70 degrees right now in the St. Louis area. It's November 5th. It's 8:45pm. Amazing.
                        [/b][/quote]

It's pretty warm here also. I'm expecting a blizzard by Thanksgiving. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

The temperature has really dropped in the last hour and the wind has definitely picked up.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

I left Hermann, MO while it hit there, drove out of it, was in the clear once I got to Foristell. Not fun stuff, not at all. I'm just glad I beat it home and didn't have to drive the entire way back in it.
                            Feb. 08, 2005
                            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                            Originally posted by Airshark
                            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Nov 5 2005, 09:08 PM) Quoted post

I left Hermann, MO while it hit there, drove out of it, was in the clear once I got to Foristell. Not fun stuff, not at all. I'm just glad I beat it home and didn't have to drive the entire way back in it.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              Guppy's driving home from Columbia right now. You know how he is..... He'll for sure be caught up in a tornado driving along 70.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
                              Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
                              Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
                              NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
                              LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Working...
                              X