X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Watching Super Millionaire?

Anyone else?

I TiVo'd it =]
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Yes. That's some major money they're playing for.

Comment

TiVoing this show is the way to do it.

You can easily skip through all the crap.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I missed tonites show and probably wont see the next couple days worth either.

Is everything they play for just multiplied by 10 from the last series?

i.e.

from 1000 to 10000
        from 32000 to 320000

and if so, are the questions 10x harder?
        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

What network is this on?
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

It is on ABC.

I believe the amounts are as follows:

$1,000
            $2,000
            $3,000
            $4,000
            $5,000
            $10,000
            $20,000
            $30,000
            $50,000
            $100,000
            $500,000
            $1,000,000
            $2,500,000
            $5,000,000
            $10,000,000

Comment

My problem with this show is the "no time limit" for people to answer questions.

Last night, there were only two people on the show, and each did "half" so there was really only one full contestant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz@Feb 23 2004, 10:30 PM
                I missed tonites show and probably wont see the next couple days worth either.

Is everything they play for just multiplied by 10 from the last series?

i.e.

from 1000 to 10000
                from 32000 to 320000

and if so, are the questions 10x harder?
                I don't think the questions are 10 times harder. My son and I watched it last night and didn't miss a one. We answered the question for a million several minutes before the contestant had a clue.

Several years ago I tried out for Jeopardy. I made to be invited to LA for the final testing. Problem was you have to pay your own way there twice, and as I was out of work at the time, I couldn't go, I probably would have been like Cliff on Cheers, win big then blow it on the Final Jeopardy question.

Trebek," John Kennedy, Ozzy Osbourne and Mother Theresa.
                Cliff,"Name 3 poeple that have never been in my kitchen".
                I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Feb 24 2004, 08:21 AM
                  My problem with this show is the "no time limit" for people to answer questions.

Last night, there were only two people on the show, and each did "half" so there was really only one full contestant.
                  Just imagine if it wasn't edited down. You don't see a lot of the wrangling going on when they can't decide.

I know on the first run of the series, there was a guy that took over 45 minutes to answer a question. On TV, it looked like 2 or 3 minutes.

Comment

Yeah I know. Its terrible.

Imagine being in the audience for that.

At least Regis tries to make it intersting during that time.

On a separate note, how amazing was the phenomonon that was Millionaire its first time through?

Comment

Originally posted by BW23@Feb 24 2004, 09:39 AM
                      I know on the first run of the series, there was a guy that took over 45 minutes to answer a question. On TV, it looked like 2 or 3 minutes.
                      shit, I would have got to a point where I took so damn long, Regis would want to leave.

"How bout I sleep on it, eh Reg?"

Back to hotel, google like a mofo.

I still think google should be a lifeline. None of that poll the audeince shit.
                      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

And how about the folks that call some random "friend" that has no clue.

If you aren't smart enough to put someone on your list who is adept as using Google, then you aren't smart enough to be on that show.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Feb 24 2004, 10:52 AM
                          And how about the folks that call some random "friend" that has no clue.

If you aren't smart enough to put someone on your list who is adept as using Google, then you aren't smart enough to be on that show.
                          I thought about that.

But the friend really has no idea when the call will come.

I wonder how many times Reg has called someone and got no answer.

Comment

Here's how it goes.

The producers call all "Phone a Friends" just before the "Fastest Finger."

Then, when your "Friend" makes it into the HOT SEAT, they again call the "Friends" on that person in the HOT SEAT telling them that their buddy is in the seat and that they could be called at any time.

Stay by the phone and be ready.

At least that's how it was done last time the series ran; I'm sure its the same way now.

Comment

How funny would it be if the 'friend' was heard over the phone typing a way at a keyboard and repeating the question very slowly.

Classic.

I could google and give an asnwer within 15 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X