X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Owens suspended indefinitely

Just scrolled across on ESPN
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

And here I thought ESPN took him out of context [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Nov 5 2005, 12:30 PM) Quoted post

And here I thought ESPN took him out of context [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
      [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Good.

Even if what he says is true (and that's highly debatable), he shouldn't have said it.

And no, he was not victimized by the the media. He had the prerogative to STFU and once again he couldn't excercise it. Funny how nobody else gets into these kind of melodramatic scrapes with the media.
        Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
        Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
        Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
        "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

I may have just become an Eagles fan! Stick it to the fucker!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Can I talk shit about Owens? Or will the thought police come in and melt down?

Comment

QUOTE(goon attack @ Nov 5 2005, 11:34 AM) Quoted post

Can I talk shit about Owens? Or will the thought police come in and melt down?
              [/b][/quote]
              go for it....

I thought it was hilarious people thought he was taken out of context and now this happens....apparently, ESPN didn't...[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Can you say 4-4
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

The Eagles think they are taking a tough stance, they are really just flushing their season down the toilet. They knew what they were getting when they decided to bring TO back for another year when he made it clear that he was not happy.

Not hurting TO in this situation, is the fact that their offense is really shitty without him on the field. They need him if they wanna win and it's really that simple.
                  You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Dumb move by the Eagles. I guess they don't want to win.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 5 2005, 12:36 PM) Quoted post

The Eagles think they are taking a tough stance, they are really just flushing their season down the toilet. They knew what they were getting when they decided to bring TO back for another year when he made it clear that he was not happy.

Not hurting TO in this situation, is the fact that their offense is really shitty without him on the field. They need him if they wanna win and it's really that simple.
                      [/b][/quote]

++

I really don't see this as "setting an example" like penalizing a guy for showing up to a team meeting late or something.

They know how Owens is; tell him to STFU and get him out there.

You do cost-benefit analysis on this; what are the benefits? Anybody? Will this make him shut up?

No.
                      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Nov 5 2005, 11:36 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

totally fukken BINGO!

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 12:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Hope it's without pay. Let him sue.
                          Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

QUOTE(bombay @ Nov 5 2005, 11:48 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 12:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Hope it's without pay. Let him sue.
                            [/b][/quote]

Nope, he'll consult Gene Upshaw & the NFLPA, & file a grieveance.

Comment

Aw shit. T.O. and Rosenhaus gonna get some pipe hittin' brothas on Graham Bensinger.

Comment

Working...
                              X