NHL - New Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL - New Rules

Looks like scoring is way up...that was the desired effect.

Is the game better? I think so.

Even though the Blues suck balls the games are more entertaining.

What do you big time hockey fans think?

Sorry, if this is a dupe. Just merge if so.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

I think the game is pretty good now. I'd like to see them let a little action in front of the net go, but overall I think the game is vastly improved.

Comment

as I said in the Blues GDT and also on the PB:

They wanted to open up the ice, promote end to end action, fast paced games.

But the refs are calling 613 penalties per game.

Tonite [note: Blues game]: 18 penalties (16 stoppages- 2 duel penalty calls), 12 hooking calls.

Ridiculous.
      Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
      Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
      There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
      "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
      "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

I'm just glad Jackman is staying out of the box. I would hate to be down 6-2 late in the game and have our best defenseman in the box.

Signed,

Keith Tkachick

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 10:36 AM) Quoted post

Tonite [note: Blues game]: 18 penalties (16 stoppages- 2 duel penalty calls), 12 hooking calls.

Ridiculous.
          [/b][/quote]

They always start out the year calling lots of penalties.

We both know that will change...if not in the regular season...it will in the playoffs.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 11:36 AM) Quoted post

Ridiculous.
            [/b][/quote]

The refs aren't making these penalties up...players have had more than enough time to know what they can get away with.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Nov 5 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 10:36 AM) Quoted post

Ridiculous.
              [/b][/quote]

They always start out the year calling lots of penalties.

We both know that will change...if not in the regular season...it will in the playoffs.
              [/b][/quote]
              Great, so in April we'll see the new wide open, fast paced NHL.. wake me then.

If they continue to call 18 penalties, and some of the most absurd hooking calls ever, it's going to be awful tough to stay glued to the TV watching.. nevermind the fact that the Blues are terrible.
              Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
              There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
              "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Nov 5 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

Ridiculous.
                [/b][/quote]

The refs aren't making these penalties up...players have had more than enough time to know what they can get away with.
                [/b][/quote]

True and even though penalties do interrupt play...watching a power play is more still more fun than watching the scrums in the middle of the ice that the game had become
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Nov 5 2005, 10:38 AM) Quoted post

Ridiculous.
                  [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                  did you see the Blues game last nite? Some of those "hooks" arent hooks. It seems the refs are deadset on getting the point across that they'll call anything that theyre calling things that arent penalties.

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 11:40 AM) Quoted post

nevermind the fact that the Blues are terrible.
                    [/b][/quote]

Try watching a couple games featuring good teams and you'll see less penalties...

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Nov 5 2005, 10:42 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 11:40 AM) Quoted post

nevermind the fact that the Blues are terrible.
                      [/b][/quote]

Try watching a couple games featuring good teams and you'll see less penalties...
                      [/b][/quote]

++

Our Blues are currently the worst NHL team

They might get a little better when Weight and Tchoke get back but not much

They are clearly missing Pronger even though defense was supposed to be this team's 'strength'

Alas...the good news is we will finally get a high pick to rebuild around
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

well at least I'm not the only one who shares the opinion of the calls:

QUOTE(DC Santana @ Nov 5 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

I was waiting for somebody else to say it.

I don't care how many 8 - 7 games there are in the new NHL. Good lord, I haven't seen a hit without a penalty being called.
                        [/b][/quote]

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 11:41 AM) Quoted post

did you see the Blues game last nite? Some of those "hooks" arent hooks. It seems the refs are deadset on getting the point across that they'll call anything that theyre calling things that arent penalties.
                          [/b][/quote]

I didn't see the Blues game last night, but if you use your stick in any manner to impede a player that's hooking, even if you don't use it to specifically hook a player.

Comment

I firmly believe they will loosen up on the penalties after a while

I don't want to watch ballet on ice with sticks either but something had to be done...the game had become...well...boring
                            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(Tazlaz @ Nov 5 2005, 11:47 AM) Quoted post

well at least I'm not the only one who shares the opinion of the calls:

QUOTE(DC Santana @ Nov 5 2005, 08:44 AM) Quoted post

I was waiting for somebody else to say it.

I don't care how many 8 - 7 games there are in the new NHL. Good lord, I haven't seen a hit without a penalty being called.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              [/b][/quote]

Absolutely.

And I'm not talking about the Blues either. I've actually seen more games not involving the Blues. It's more like a men's no check league. If you're a defenseman, you're fucked. Hell, you can't even play the body in your own zone.
                              LONG LIVE THE NOTE!

Comment

Working...
                              X