I hate this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this!!!

I have made offers on three houses this week only to find out they already sold.

This is pissing me off!!!
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

what is your price range that you are looking for?

We lowballed the sellers of the first house we made an offer on, and got the amount we were looking for. Some sellers can be picky as hell though and not want to pay for closing costs etc, which really makes the process longer. I'm sure one of those agents will call you back soon begging you to make them another offer because they were too stupid and greedy and turned down all the other offers.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Nov 3 2005, 10:51 PM) Quoted post

what is your price range that you are looking for?

We lowballed the sellers of the first house we made an offer on, and got the amount we were looking for. Some sellers can be picky as hell though and not want to pay for closing costs etc, which really makes the process longer. I'm sure one of those agents will call you back soon begging you to make them another offer because they were too stupid and greedy and turned down all the other offers.
      [/b][/quote]

Or the offer the accepted will fall through. It amazes me that people do not have their financing in order before they start this process.

1st time home buyer.

90 - 110,000 fixer upper in Edwardsville. Looking to make some cash 3 - 5 years down the road. I am a backup on all three houses.

Comment

Sounds like you need a better real estate agent. Your agent should know before you go look at the house if it has a contract on it or not. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, got a new and better agent and things were much better.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
        Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
        Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
        Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
        NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
        LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

Upon finding out that the median price of a home in Santa Clara County this past quarter was somewhere in the vicinity of $720,000, I laughed until I got physically ill, went home, paid my rent, and went out drinking with all the $$$ I saved by not buying anything so incredibly overpriced...

I'm waiting to buy out here until sanity returns, or my demise, whichever comes first...
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Daisy Mae @ Nov 3 2005, 10:57 PM) Quoted post

Sounds like you need a better real estate agent. Your agent should know before you go look at the house if it has a contract on it or not. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, got a new and better agent and things were much better.
            [/b][/quote]

When we looked at the house they were available. I made offers the following day and they were under contract by the time my offer was made. I have 100% faith in my agent, he has helped one of my buddies make piles of cash in the real estate market in Edwardsville, Belleville, Fairview etc...

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 3 2005, 10:59 PM) Quoted post

Upon finding out that the median price of a home in Santa Clara County this past quarter was somewhere in the vicinity of $720,000, I laughed until I got physically ill, went home, paid my rent, and went out drinking with all the $$$ I saved by not buying anything so incredibly overpriced...

I'm waiting to buy out here until sanity returns, or my demise, whichever comes first...
              [/b][/quote]

That is fucking insane.

What is the average rent?

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Nov 3 2005, 09:01 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That is fucking insane.

[/b][/quote]

Not sure what the average is...my rent is less that $600, though, which is unheard of out here...

Comment

[/b][/quote]

i'm wondering myself when the real estate bubble in St. Louis is going to burst. Alot of overpriced homes everywhere.

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 3 2005, 11:02 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That is fucking insane.

[/b][/quote]

Not sure what the average is...my rent is less that $600, though, which is unheard of out here...
                    [/b][/quote]

600 for the whole place or split with a roommate?

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Nov 3 2005, 11:00 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

When we looked at the house they were available. I made offers the following day and they were under contract by the time my offer was made. I have 100% faith in my agent, he has helped one of my buddies make piles of cash in the real estate market in Edwardsville, Belleville, Fairview etc...
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Then you must be looking at some hot properties. I lost out on at least 3 that I made offers on before I finally got the palatial estate that I have now. It's is so frustrating and annoying.

Comment

QUOTE(Neutered Cat @ Nov 3 2005, 11:06 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

i'm wondering myself when the real estate bubble in St. Louis is going to burst. Alot of overpriced homes everywhere.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        i'm hoping it bursts over the winter. i'm going to start looking around february or march. get those prices down!
                        Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                        "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

QUOTE(Daisy Mae @ Nov 3 2005, 11:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          Then you must be looking at some hot properties. I lost out on at least 3 that I made offers on before I finally got the palatial estate that I have now. It's is so frustrating and annoying.
                          [/b][/quote]

The price range I am looking in apparently sells fast in Eville. The next one I find there will be no low balling to see if they will come down. I am going to offer 97 - 99% of the asking price, I am sick of the 50 minute drive to work and paying for the gas.

I just need a little old lady to die so I can have her house. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Nov 3 2005, 09:06 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Nov 3 2005, 11:02 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

That is fucking insane.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

600 for the whole place or split with a roommate?
                            [/b][/quote]

Split with 3 roommates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Nov 3 2005, 11:12 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Daisy Mae @ Nov 3 2005, 11:07 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                              [/b][/quote]

The price range I am looking in apparently sells fast in Eville. The next one I find there will be no low balling to see if they will come down. I am going to offer 97 - 99% of the asking price, I am sick of the 50 minute drive to work and paying for the gas.

I just need a little old lady to die so I can have her house. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

I lost one place because my agent let their agent "shop" my offer over the weekend of an open house and they got a better offer. Another one I lost even making an offer over the asking price because someone had cash to pay up front and I had a contingency.

Comment

Working...
                              X