Aaron Brown Out At CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Brown Out At CNN

Anyone else care? I tried watching his show a couple of times -- and I just found it exceedingly boring.

AARON BROWN OUT AT CNN
    Wed Nov 02 2005 15:43:11 ET

To: All CNN Staff

We have made some programming decisions which will impact our prime time schedule as well as our colleague Aaron Brown. Aaron will be leaving CNN and is very much looking forward to some well-deserved time off with his family.

Aaron has made enormous contributions to CNN since his groundbreaking anchoring of Sept. 11th through the war in Iraq to the Tsunami to the recent hurricanes. Outside of the big stories, on a nightly basis, Aaron has provided our audiences with insight into the events of the United States and the world with eloquence and the highest journalist integrity.

Besides his stellar work as an anchor, Aaron stands as an absolutely brilliant writer, evident by the thoughtful perspective he injects into every story he touches.

Personally, I will miss Aaron and his wicked sense of humor. We cannot thank Aaron enough for the skills and professionalism he brought to CNN. Given his respect throughout the industry, there is no question that he will be missed.[/b][/quote]

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2...10600_flash.htm
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Translation:

Sorry, Aaron, we decided to go with the manwhore Anderson Cooper.

Good luck,
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Nice guys finish last. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Colbert on Brown:

"I just love Aaron Brown's folksiness," he said. "He just loves getting lost in the metaphor of the news. He'll say something like, 'Much like the Spanish moss that is draping down like so many tears on the face of that chiseled granite visage we know of, New Orleans is now blackened, though in a different way than the gumbo shrimp of yesteryear.' "

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
        The Dude abides.

Comment

Damn....and I was really hoping Anderson Cooper was going to crank out another season of........The Mole.

I knew it was that one bitch the whole time.

Comment

QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Nov 3 2005, 09:16 AM) Quoted post

Colbert on Brown:

"I just love Aaron Brown's folksiness," he said. "He just loves getting lost in the metaphor of the news. He'll say something like, 'Much like the Spanish moss that is draping down like so many tears on the face of that chiseled granite visage we know of, New Orleans is now blackened, though in a different way than the gumbo shrimp of yesteryear.' "

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
            [/b][/quote]

I'm gone a few months, & people start using the folksy sayings!
            Official Lounge Sponsor:
            The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

i liked his newspapers at the end, but it was a bit drab and since 10/9 central is pretty damn important, you gotta do something. and bonus for moving Wolf to 7/6

Comment

Good journalist and will surely be on another network soon....

rumors suggest the beginning of the end began with Mr. Brown refusing to come into work from a golf trip/vacation during one of the hurricanes (I think the FLA one)...

CNN had no other choice but to give Anderson Cooper his own show b/c his contract is up soon and CBS and ABC were eyeing him to anchor their nightly news shows....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Nov 3 2005, 06:29 PM) Quoted post

rumors suggest the beginning of the end began with Mr. Brown refusing to come into work from a golf trip/vacation during one of the hurricanes (I think the FLA one)...

CNN had no other choice but to give Anderson Cooper his own show b/c his contract is up soon and CBS and ABC were eyeing him to anchor their nightly news shows....
                  [/b][/quote]

actually i think the controversy came when Brown didn't skip out vacation when the Columbia tragedy happened, not hurricanes

and Anderson had his own show, just not at a more important time slot

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Nov 3 2005, 05:46 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Nov 3 2005, 06:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

actually i think the controversy came when Brown didn't skip out vacation when the Columbia tragedy happened, not hurricanes

and Anderson had his own show, just not at a more important time slot
                    [/b][/quote]that's right, it was columbia (long day).....

Brown's show wasn't doing well ratings wise and Senor Cooper is the rising star.....

Comment

Glad to see his ass out on the street.
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

sorry to correct you, but you know what kind of CNN geek i am.

Comment

QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Nov 3 2005, 05:51 PM) Quoted post

Glad to see his ass out on the street.
                          [/b][/quote]

Why so?
                          The Redman

Sponsorship Available
                          Official Sponsor of Rafael Furcal

Comment

QUOTE(MsFunkay @ Nov 3 2005, 05:52 PM) Quoted post

sorry to correct you, but you know what kind of CNN geek i am.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            I always seem to fuck up disasters [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I noticed 'the situation room' getting switched by accident after seeing it replayed t'other nite....

Comment

IN or OUT? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=anderson+...1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/03/1...s/index_np.html

http://www.pamspaulding.com/weblog/2005/09...oper-outed.html

Comment

Working...
                              X