Some Busch II pics from 11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Busch II pics from 11/18

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

If anyone cares aboot the new scoreboard in the new place....(dupe?)

Daktronics awarded contract to provide integrated super system for new Busch Stadium in St. Louis

Brookings, S.D. – Feb. 17, 2005 – Daktronics, Inc. (Nasdaq - DAKT) announced today that it has been awarded a contract in excess of $5.8 million to design, manufacture and install a unique integrated scoring and display system for the new Busch Stadium, future home of the St. Louis Cardinals. Daktronics’ contract is with Hunt Construction Group, the design/build contractor for the new stadium.

Cardinal fans will enjoy a truly integrated scoring, video and information display system beginning in the spring of 2006, when the new Busch Stadium opens. Fans will see high resolution video images on multiple ProStar® LED video displays, and additional information on many other displays designed specifically for Busch Stadium that will be located throughout the ballpark.

“We look forward to a long and successful partnership with Daktronics,” said Joe Abernathy, Vice President of Stadium Operations for the St. Louis Cardinals. “Daktronics has proven itself again and again with its ability to design and build truly integrated systems that complement the game day experience in a significant way. The system will bring additional excitement and information to millions of Cardinals fans for years to come.”

“Daktronics is excited to partner with the St. Louis Cardinals and Hunt Construction on this fantastic new baseball facility,” said Kirk Simet, National Sales Manager for Daktronics. “All three of our organizations have great history and tradition in the sports industry, and this project will continue that tradition. We take great pride in each and every system we design and manufacture, and this one will be among the most capable and sophisticated in all of sport.”

The main scoreboard will be positioned behind right-center field and will measure approximately 40 feet high by 120 feet wide. It will incorporate a large ProStar® video display measuring approximately 32 feet high by 52 feet wide. Three additional Galaxy® amber LED displays on the main scoreboard will be used to display lineups, stats, and other information, as well as graphics and animation. Rotating and stationary displays panels will recognize the team’s corporate sponsors. Fans will also be able to watch highlights and see information on a video display on the back side of the main scoreboard, which faces a gathering area.

A unique out of town game display, to be located in right field, will keep fans informed of other action in both the National and American Leagues. Two full-color LED displays, each measuring approximately 8 feet high by 80 feet wide, will provide constantly updated scores and stats of players in other games in progress. The back side of the out of town game board also incorporates a large electronic display.
    Daktronics is also providing three full-color ProAd® displays, two of which will be mounted on the fascia on the first and third base lines. This project will be the first outdoor project in which the Daktronics ProRail® attachment system will be used, in which the display will serve as the railing of the second deck, creating improved sight lines for fans and saving costs of construction. Each of the ProAd® displays will measure approximately 4 feet high by 150 feet long. A third display will be included in another gather area for fans. These integrated displays will show a variety of information, from game stats to sponsor messages, animation and video clips.

Two pitchers displays, each measuring approximately 4 feet high by 24 feet wide and incorporating amber LED technology, will be located in right and left field to display speed of pitch, type of pitch, and other information about the pitcher’s performance.

Daktronics is providing its proven control system that will operate the displays. Together the system incorporates more than 2.3 million individual LEDs, which are illuminated to make the words and images that appear on the displays.

Ground was broken in January 2004 on the new $275 million Busch Stadium. This new facility will consist of 1.3 million square feet of new construction, more than 46,000 seats, luxury suites, and club seats. The stadium will be built by Hunt Construction Group in association with KWAME Building Group. The new ballpark will be completed in phases, and the Cardinals’ home for three decades, the existing Busch Stadium, will be demolished to allow for the final phases of the ballpark to be completed.

The St. Louis Cardinals will become another Major League Baseball team to operate a Daktronics super system, bringing scoring, statistics, out-of-town game information, digital advertising and live and recorded video into an truly integrated system designed and manufactured for greater entertainment value, improved hardware and software compatibility and more efficient operation. A total of 24 major league ballparks and nearly 100 minor league facilities use Daktronics equipment.

Daktronics has strong leadership positions in, and is one of the world’s largest suppliers of, electronic scoreboards, computer-programmable displays, large screen video displays and control systems. The Company excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of complex multiple displays showing real time information, graphics, animation and video. Daktronics designs, manufactures, markets and services display systems for customers around the world in sport, business and transportation applications, and celebrated its 35th year in business in 2003. For more information, visit the Company’s worldwide web site at http://www.daktronics.com, email the Company at [email protected], call toll-free 1-800-DAKTRONICS (800-325-8766) in the U.S., or write to the Company at 331 32nd Avenue, P.O. Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006-5128.

Cautionary Notice: In addition to statements of historical fact, this news release contains forward-looking statements reflecting the Company’s expectations or beliefs concerning future events which could materially affect Company performance in the future. The Company cautions that these and similar statements involve risk and uncertainties including changes in economic and market conditions, management of growth, timing and magnitude of future contracts, and other risks noted in the Company’s SEC filings which may cause actual results to differ materially. Forward-looking statements are made in the context of information available as of the date stated. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise such statements to reflect new circumstances or unanticipated events as they occur.

-- END --[/b][/quote]

Comment

I believe that Daktronics designed the Ravens a/v schtuffs at M&T Bank Stadium.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Those pics make me sad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Are they going to install a manually-operated scoreboard like they had at Busch II?

Comment

Wow, they're just ripping apart the formerly moveable metal field box seats.
            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

some of Daktronics handiwork:

Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Those are some pretty cranes don't you think? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                Feb. 08, 2005
                Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                Originally posted by Airshark
                NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

thats depressing....

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Nov 3 2005, 08:56 AM) Quoted post

Those are some pretty cranes don't you think? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                    [/b][/quote]

Can you give us the specs on those babies? Height? Weight? Horsepower? Lifting capacity? Reach?

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Nov 3 2005, 09:23 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Can you give us the specs on those babies? Height? Weight? Horsepower? Lifting capacity? Reach?

Moon
                      [/b][/quote]

I can, but I know that no one really cares! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

(which reminds me I need to get back to work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] )
                      Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Nov 3 2005, 09:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Moon
                        [/b][/quote]

I can, but I know that no one really cares! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

(which reminds me I need to get back to work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] )
                        [/b][/quote]

I care! I love that stuff. I have always wondered how much stuff those things can lift and how high.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Nov 3 2005, 09:34 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Nsane2Bme @ Nov 3 2005, 09:27 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I care! I love that stuff. I have always wondered how much stuff those things can lift and how high.

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]

They are amazing machines, they just put me in awe. I can watch 'em all day long. Oh wait, sometimes I get too AND I get paid to do it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
                          Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

More pics as the first base side is now gone....

Comment

Nice to see the blue paint... just like old times
                              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
                              X