Hazelwood Police Officer assaulted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazelwood Police Officer assaulted

Authorities were searching for a man who seriously beat a Hazelwood officer in the face during a traffic stop Tuesday evening.

The incident began about 11:30 p.m. when Officer Brian Hale stopped a driver near Hanley and Pershall Roads. The officer and motorist talked for several minutes outside their vehicles.

Suddenly the driver struck the officer in the face. Hale fell to the ground and the driver kicked him several times in the head and face, said Hazelwood police Capt. Greg Hall.

The driver tried to pull the officer’s weapon from its holster. Hale held onto it, police said.

About the same time a motorist driving by stopped and got out of his car to assist the officer. The assailant jumped into his white Dodge pickup truck and drove off. The truck was later found in St. Louis.

The passerby gathered the officer’s radio so Hale could call for help.

Hale was in serious condition with head and face injuries.

Police were looking for Raymond Cortez Dixon, who was last seen wearing a gray T-shirt, dark jeans, white tennis shoes and a fatigue jacket. He also goes by the name Cortez Brown.

Hale, an 11-year veteran of the force, was shot in the face in 1998. In that incident, he suffered shattered facial bones and massive soft tissue injury and underwent surgery. A Florissant officer was also wounded in the shooting.

In 1998, Hale was attempting the arrest of a driver whose car had stalled on the shoulder of Interstate 270. The shooter, Paul Caruthers, was a passenger in the car and shot both officers after giving them a fake name, police said.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

That cop may want to move to a desk job.
    You have to be one angry messed up person to do something like that during a traffic stop.

Comment

Stuff like this makes you appreciate the police.

I hope they find that dude and send him to a secret CIA camp in Eastern Europe.
      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

He'll be found, no doubt about it.

Beat him!!!
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Maybe the fucking cop has an attitude problem...Let's see, he was shot on one traffic stop and had the shit kicked out of him in another..is there a pattern here?????

As N.W.A. said..."Fuck the Police"....
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Nov 2 2005, 06:37 PM) Quoted post

Maybe the fucking cop has an attitude problem...Let's see, he was shot on one traffic stop and had the shit kicked out of him in another..is there a pattern here?????

[/b][/quote]

BITTER, PARTY OF 1....YOUR TABLE'S NOW AVAILABLE!!!
            Official Lounge Sponsor:
            The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Nov 2 2005, 05:37 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, but let your butt need one when you're in trouble.

Comment

QUOTE(Johnny H @ Nov 2 2005, 06:40 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How is that bitter? Some cops need to have their asses kicked, maybe this one did too. I don't condone fighting with cops, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do. I got into a shoving match with a Border Patrol agent here in Tucson several years ago. The guy was a prick to my wife, kids and to me.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 2 2005, 06:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Kev, if I ever need a cop, I'll call the county sheriff or the state police, never, ever a city cop.

Bill Walton

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Nov 2 2005, 05:49 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 2 2005, 06:45 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Kev, if I ever need a cop, I'll call the county sheriff or the state police, never, ever a city cop.
                    [/b][/quote]

I kinda get where you're coming from, however the majority of them are pretty good. I find surburban municipality cops to be the worst. St. Louis City and County cops are much better.

Comment

QUOTE(davhaf @ Nov 2 2005, 06:48 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How is that bitter? Some cops need to have their asses kicked, maybe this one did too. I don't condone fighting with cops, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do. I got into a shoving match with a Border Patrol agent here in Tucson several years ago. The guy was a prick to my wife, kids and to me.
                      [/b][/quote]

So immediately this guy in Hazelwood's a prick? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with an Border Officer, but this is an isolated incident & not indicative of all police officers. Try not painting with such a broad brush, friend.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:

Comment

That wasn't Matt75...was it?
                        "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                        "I didn't know you
                        had any feelings"

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Comin straight from the underground
                          A young brotha got it bad cuz he's brown.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:
                          Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                          The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                          Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

[/b][/quote]

This is funny....going off on cops' attitudes, then quoting N.W.A.

Just a tad ironic.
                            "You're my wife Margene, you can't be seeing the girl I'm dating." - Big Love

Comment

QUOTE(Johnny H @ Nov 2 2005, 06:54 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(davhaf @ Nov 2 2005, 06:48 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

So immediately this guy in Hazelwood's a prick? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with an Border Officer, but this is an isolated incident & not indicative of all police officers. Try not painting with such a broad brush, friend.
                              [/b][/quote]

Never said the Hazlewood cop was a prick. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't. My younger brother was a cop in Henderson, Ky. My ex-brother-in-law is a sergeant on the St. Louis PD. Not all cops are pricks, some are. I'm just saying, after getting shot in a traffic stop, maybe this guy has an attitude when he stops someone.

Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                              X