X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q, Mizzou outsource exhibition opponent

Exhibition season begins tonight for MU

11/02/2005

The Missouri basketball team opens its exhibition season tonight at 7 against Bemidji State at Mizzou Arena. The game will be telecast on Fox Sports Midwest in St. Louis.

This will be the first of two exhibition games for the Tigers before they open their season at home against Sam Houston State on Nov. 14 in the Preseason NIT.

Last season, Missouri finished 16-17 and lost to DePaul in the first round of the postseason NIT. The Tigers return three starters, but just 39 percent of their scoring. Guard Thomas Gardner returns after finishing second on the team in scoring last season with 10.4 points a game.

Bemidji State is in NCAA Division II and finished 17-12 last season. The Beavers shot 40 percent from the field and return four starters. All four of those starters averaged double digits last season. The Beavers are led by guard Duane Fields, who averaged 12.9 points.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

I hope they lose so the anti Quin talk intensifies!

Comment

I hope they play up to their potential. They aren't that bad.

Comment

Is Bemidji State a college in Africa or something?
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(jusse @ Nov 2 2005, 07:36 AM) Quoted post

I hope they play up to their potential. They aren't that bad.
          [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

It never ceases to amaze me how some MU fans are "glass half full" types, no matter how often they receive information to the contrary.
          On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

I would laugh my ass off if they lost.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(Razzy @ Nov 2 2005, 08:45 AM) Quoted post

Is Bemidji State a college in Africa or something?
              [/b][/quote]

No, It's way the hell up in Minnesota. Known for hockey.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how some MU fans are "glass half full" types, no matter how often they receive information to the contrary[/b][/quote]

You can't be a pessimist and a Mizzou fan at the same time. Its Impossible..... besides looking at stuff "glass half empty" isn't a fun way to live your life.

Comment

so, let me get this straight:

Mizzou vs Bemidji State exhibition basketball game is televised, but Mizzou vs KU football game isn't.

ooooooooooooo kay
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Thats a good point, Deacon
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Nov 2 2005, 09:42 AM) Quoted post

so, let me get this straight:

Mizzou vs Bemidji State exhibition basketball game is televised, but Mizzou vs KU football game isn't.

ooooooooooooo kay
                      [/b][/quote]
                      ++

Stupid fucking TV contracts. I'm sure every Tiger basketball game will be televised this year. Thank God for college football, the NFL, and alcohol b/c I'm not gonna watch too many MU basketball games this year.

Jusse, I appreciate your optimism, but the Tigers will not finish better than 8th in the Big XII this year. I just don't see it happening with "Q" as the coach. If Bobby Knight was coaching the Tigers, they'd compete every night. No doubt in my mind. Hell, "Q" couldn't even make the Tourney with A.J., Paulding, Bryant, etc., etc. I'm pretty sure they were an A.P. preseason top 5 team that year too. "Q" coached em into the ground.

"Q" must go. And soon.
                      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                      --Suck it cubbies.
                      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Nov 2 2005, 08:16 AM) Quoted post

I hope they lose so the anti Coach Snyder talk intensifies!
                        [/b][/quote]

fixed

Show the proper respect!
                        Official Lounge Sponsor:
                        The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

QUOTE(Johnny H @ Nov 2 2005, 04:47 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Jack Daniels @ Nov 2 2005, 08:16 AM) Quoted post

I hope they lose so the anti Coach Snyder talk intensifies!
                          [/b][/quote]

fixed

Show the proper respect!
                          [/b][/quote]

Hey Quin, please start "coaching".
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

This instead of the Blues game on FSMW.......awesome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Nov 2 2005, 05:09 PM) Quoted post

This instead of the Blues game on FSMW.......awesome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

The way the Blues and Hawks are playing, a junior high volleyball game would probably be of more interest.
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X