Pinkel doesn't answer to the public.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkel doesn't answer to the public.

Just heard Ramsey and Slaten discussing how Gary Pinkle did not allow phone calls on his weekly statewide radio show, last evening, just a couple days removed from an embarrassing loss to Kansas. What a crock of crap.

What's the deal with the two main HC's down in Columbia. One (Pinkle) can't wait to talk with the public after they beat Nebraska, the other (Snyder) pisses a hissy fit when someone addresses him as Quin, instead of "coach". Neither of these guys have won a damn thing, yet they have the audacity act like they're some sort of bigger than life super hero.

The one constant through all of this is Mike Alden. Mizzou fans, you guys deserve better.
    Make America Great For Once.

QUOTE(The Kev @ Nov 1 2005, 07:15 PM) Quoted post

Just heard Ramsey and Slaten discussing how Gary Pinkle did not allow phone calls on his weekly statewide radio show, last evening, just a couple days removed from an embarrassing loss to Kansas. What a crock of crap.

What's the deal with the two main HC's down in Columbia. One (Pinkle) can't wait to talk with the public after they beat Nebraska, the other (Snyder) pisses a hissy fit when someone addresses him as Quin, instead of "coach". Neither of these guys have won a damn thing, yet they have the audacity act like they're some sort of bigger than life super hero.

The one constant through all of this is Mike Alden. Mizzou fans, you guys deserve better.
    [/b][/quote]

I'm getting tired of Pinkel's attitude that he doesn't have to answer to anyone. This shows total disrespect to the fans that pay his salary. If he doesn't pull a couple upsets the rest of the way, I think he's going to start hearing a lot from them.

By the way, I have no problem with what Quin said. He was right.
    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

QUOTE(BurnKU @ Nov 1 2005, 08:40 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I'm getting tired of Pinkel's attitude that he doesn't have to answer to anyone. This shows total disrespect to the fans that pay his salary. If he doesn't pull a couple upsets the rest of the way, I think he's going to start hearing a lot from them.

By the way, I have no problem with what Quin said. He was right.
      [/b][/quote]
      ++ on both points.................BUT................

"Q" is a bitch.

That's all I have...............
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

[/b][/quote]

You guys never should've let that one dude get away to Oklahoma.

At KU we made a huge mistake initially after Bob Frederickson retired, but at least we cleaned the mess up pretty quickly. The new guy seems pretty good.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

This seems par for the course for Pinkle. Over the last few years, he's walked out on a monthly fans QB meeting, abruptly ended a sideline interview with Chris Trevino, and publically ripped and suspended Damien Nash for talking to the press. The last incident should have been handled better by all sides, but Pinkle took the low road, IMO.
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

As one caller put it, "it's ok to take calls after a good game...."

Slaten agreed, and said Pinkel should, "stand up & take it like a man."

Alden
            Pinkel
            Quin

Fire them ALL!

Comment

Working...
            X