Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thief breaks into pizza joint, steals money ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief breaks into pizza joint, steals money ...

Thief steals pizza parlour dough

The thief appeared to be building a pepperoni pizza
    A burglar who raided a California pizza parlour in the dead of night was forced to leave a hand-made pepperoni feast in the oven as he fled with his loot.
    The thief, who did make off with cash from the restaurant's safe, was caught on CCTV choosing an apron and creating a large pizza with all the trimmings.

Police in San Clemente, California, hope the footage will help catch him.

Officers suspect the man was disturbed by a restaurant employee, who found the safe empty - and the pizza burning.

The hungry thief entered Sonny's Pizza and Pasta, which describes itself as the "local hot spot" in the coastal town of San Clemente, at about 0200 local time.

Video footage showed the man trying on a series of bakers' aprons before finding one to suit his shape and style.

Suitably attired, the intruder methodically began building a large pepperoni pizza.

Mystery toppings

Not expecting a bill for his late-night snack, he made sure to add liberal helpings of a range of pizza toppings, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department said.

According to a menu listed on Sonny's website, a large pepperoni pizza - known to diners as "Sonny's Roman Orgy" - would have cost the thief $15.95 (£9.00).

If ordering from the menu, he would have enjoyed onions, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, salami, and sausage alongside his pepperoni. Anchovies are available on request.

At the time of the robbery, though, he could have chosen from any number of Sonny's "gourmet toppings", including artichoke hearts, gorgonzola cheese and sun-dried tomato.

But he was forced to make a quick getaway when a restaurant employee arrived for work at about 0300.

The restaurant's safe was missing with an undisclosed amount of cash, while the pizza was smouldering in the oven.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

I had a buddy at Eastern Ill U show up at La Bamba right after it closed. He decided to break in and cook his own. He was successful.
    Of course you do.

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Nov 1 2005, 03:29 PM) Quoted post

I had a buddy at Eastern Ill U show up at La Bamba right after it closed. He decided to break in and cook his own. He was successful.
      [/b][/quote]

Holy crap that's funny. My friend that I was with in Chicago INSISTS on making a La Bomba trip every time we go there.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Nov 1 2005, 02:30 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Nov 1 2005, 03:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Holy crap that's funny. My friend that I was with in Chicago INSISTS on making a La Bomba trip every time we go there.
        [/b][/quote]
        It's a must....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

What kind of pizza cook has to show up for work at 3am?
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Nov 1 2005, 03:34 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

A stoned one, I'm guessing.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Nov 1 2005, 02:34 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The guy that has to make and prep the dough.

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Nov 1 2005, 02:37 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Nov 1 2005, 02:34 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

The guy that has to make and prep the dough.
                [/b][/quote]

screw that
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ShortHop @ Nov 1 2005, 02:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I had a friend that lived across the street from a grocery store. One night he and another friend were drunk as hell (and hungry as hell). They broke into the place, loaded up two shopping carts to the max and headed back to his house. The problem was that they loaded the carts a little too much and left a trail of meat to his house.
                  He told me he got to eat 3 chips before the cops came knocking and busted them both.

Comment

Working...
                  X