Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most popular song in karaoke bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most popular song in karaoke bars?

Though we tried our darndest, we were unable to determine the most popular tune in karaoke bars. Popularity tends to vary between regions and countries. Unfortunately, there's no database or electronic tracking mechanism for individual songs. However, we did find a list of "hot songs" at a music label called Karaoke Warehouse. Not surprisingly, the songs tend to mirror the pop charts. Current faves include "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers, "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson, and "A Real Fine Place to Start" by Sara Evans.

Karaoke is a Japanese word with two roots: "kara," or empty, and "oke," which is short for orchestra. Popular legend has it that karaoke was born roughly twenty years ago in a snack bar in Kobe, Japan. Quickly adopted by Japanese business types as a way of blowing off steam, karaoke has now stormed the world. In the United States and Europe it's mostly enjoyed in bars, but private karaoke rooms are the norm in Japan.

By now karaoke has permeated pretty much every genre of music imaginable. Practitioners can choose from punk, metal, hip hop, and folk karaoke songs. You can even hear live karaoke bands, who play behind paying customers. Who's up for "I Will Survive?"

First off - I'm real glad a brother gets to post before somebody messes this thread up too - Gonzo and Cardinal Girl.

Okay

Bill Withers - Just the two of us - Perfect

Sam Cooke - Don't know much about History

Arethea Franklin - Respect
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

probably Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet.
      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

without question its "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond

gotta be about a 50 to 1 margin
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Journey.

Comment

If you watch Arrested Development, it is "Afternoon Delight".
            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

QUOTE(FAR52 @ Nov 1 2005, 08:31 AM) Quoted post

If you watch Arrested Development, it is "Afternoon Delight".
              [/b][/quote]
              [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] ++

Comment

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" or "Back in Black" from what I hear on the intarwebs.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I saw a bunch of mid 40s women cream themselves a few years back when some guy got up and sang "That's Life" by Sinatra.

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Nov 1 2005, 03:52 AM) Quoted post

First off - I'm real glad a brother gets to post before somebody messes this thread up too - Gonzo and Cardinal Girl.

Okay

Bill Withers - Just the two of us - Perfect

Sam Cooke - Don't know much about History

Arethea Franklin - Respect
                    [/b][/quote]

Racist. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                    RIP Stan the Man
                    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
                    I miss TLR!

Comment

'Livin' on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi.

Gotta be.
                      Official Sponsor: Tyler Hansbrough and the North Carolina Tar Heels

Comment

Family tradition.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I will survive has to be #1, and I'm guessing Friends In Low Places and Summer Lovin' have to be somewhere in the top 10.

Comment

American Pie
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

when my wife drags me out to karaoke bars..

the night rarely passes without an awful "couple" version of loveshack.

you'll usually get a "you don't have to call me darlin'" as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X