This still bothers me about the rams playcalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This still bothers me about the rams playcalling

OK. We are all rejoicing over the splendid game plan, and adherence to it even when we were 4 points down.

The odds against anything which could have happened are astronomically high.

But still, for future reference, I mention this.

1-4-JAX 4 (1:01) 39-S.Jackson right guard to JAX 4 for no gain (51-A.Ayodele).
    Timeout #3 by JAX at 00:56.
    2-4-JAX 4 (:56) 11-J.Martin kneels to JAX 5 for -1 yards (98-J.Henderson).
    3-5-JAX 5 (:20) 11-J.Martin kneels to JAX 6 for -1 yards (99-M.Stroud).

Three scenarios:

1. Jackson scores a td, Rams lead by ten. Jags run back the kickoff for a td, and with 40 seconds left, execute the onsides kick, recover, and get close enough for a field goal. I have seen that happen during the last minute of a game.

2. Jackson fumbles---Jags recover---maybe even run it back a few yards or more. Certainly leaves them time enough to score a field goal.

3. Martin takes a knee. Timeout Jax. Martin takes a knee. Martin takes a knee. Clock runs out before 4th down, game over.

Luckily, Jackson did not fumble. But it was an unnecessary risk.

But the long run from the 45----that was necessary, because they still had 2 timeouts. On the four yard line, they had only one.
    v

I said the same thing at the time and posted it somewhere around here. That 1st down handoff to Jackson was an unnecessary risk.

What if SJ gets hurt on that meaningless play where they are trying to strip the ball away, etc. ?
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 31 2005, 07:59 PM) Quoted post
      I said the same thing at the time and posted it somewhere around here. That 1st down handoff to Jackson was an unnecessary risk.

What if SJ gets hurt on that meaningless play where they are trying to strip the ball away, etc. ? [/b][/quote]

You guys are panzies.

Give the brother a chance at a touchdown. Intangibles.

Comment

Yep. Bad call there but vs the multitude you had every week under Martz I'll take it.
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 31 2005, 08:00 PM) Quoted post

What if SJ gets hurt on that meaningless play where they are trying to strip the ball away, etc. ? [/b][/quote]

You guys are panzies.

[/b][/quote]
          Racist.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 31 2005, 09:28 PM) Quoted post

You guys are panzies.

[/b][/quote]
            Racist.
            [/b][/quote]

Didn't you know...SJ is a man of the cloth

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

QUOTE(TTB @ Oct 31 2005, 09:29 PM) Quoted post
              QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 31 2005, 09:28 PM) Quoted post

You guys are panzies.

[/b][/quote]
              Racist.
              [/b][/quote]

Didn't you know...SJ is a man of the cloth

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
              Clayton Bigsby?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

The only reason this play stood out was because we hadn't 25 weird play calls before it. It takes a while to purge the Martz out of your system, especially in the run game.
                On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

When undergoing Martz-rehab it's best to not go cold turkey from the nuttiness. Therefore, expect the randome goofy call to be sprinkled in...slowly tapering off to normalcy.
                  Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
                  Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
                  Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
                  "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

Working...
                  X