Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacashihua wins AHL Player of the Week Award

Bacashihua shuts door, wins AHL honor

Jason Bacashihua ends the week with a shutout streak of more than 133 minutes.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League announced today that Peoria Rivermen goaltender Jason Bacashihua has been named the CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 30, 2005. In three games, Bacashihua was 3-0-0 with a 0.33 goals-against average, a .985 save percentage and two shutouts, allowing just one goal on 68 shots as the Rivermen sailed into first place in the AHL’s West Division.

Bacashihua began the week by stopping 27 of 28 shots in a 5-1 victory at San Antonio on Friday night. In Saturday’s rematch with the Rampage, Bacashihua turned back 19 shots in a 6-0 triumph, and he followed that up with his second consecutive shutout a night later, making 21 saves in a 4-0 win over Houston on home ice.

In recognition of his achievement, Bacashihua will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Rivermen home game.

A native of Garden City, Mich., the 23-year-old Bacashihua owns a perfect 5-0-0 record for Peoria in 2005-06, with a 1.80 GAA and a .932 save percentage. A first-round pick by Dallas in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Bacashihua owns a record of 54-51-8 with 10 shutouts in 119 career AHL contests.

Other nominees for CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week include Albany goaltender Frank Doyle, Binghamton center Steve Martins, Bridgeport center Wyatt Smith, Chicago left wing Brian Maloney, Cleveland defenseman Matt Carkner, Grand Rapids left wing Jiri Hudler, Hamilton defenseman Ron Hainsey, Hartford goaltender Al Montoya, Hershey center Joey Tenute, Houston center Petr Taticek, Iowa left wing Mathias Tjarnqvist, Lowell right wing Chad Larose, Manchester left wing Jeff Tambellini, Manitoba left wing Alexandre Burrows, Milwaukee goaltender Pekka Rinne, Norfolk center Martin St. Pierre, Portland left wing Dustin Penner, Providence center Nathan Robinson, San Antonio left wing Steve Gainey, Springfield right wing Jim Campbell, Syracuse center Geoff Platt and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton left wing Tomas Surovy. [/b][/quote]
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Yeah, well Sanford is the future...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Is that our Jim Campbell?

Comment

He's no Sean Burke.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

At some point this season some Riverman fan will mention he's playing so bad he can't stop a beachball.

Count on it.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 31 2005, 04:49 PM) Quoted post

At some point this season some Riverman fan will mention he's playing so bad he can't stop a beachball.

Count on it.
            [/b][/quote]
            Wonder what oshockey thinks of this?

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 31 2005, 03:51 PM) Quoted post

Count on it.
              [/b][/quote]
              [/b][/quote]
              It's amusing to me that people think the Blues have goaltending problems...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 31 2005, 03:53 PM) Quoted post

Count on it.
                [/b][/quote]
                [/b][/quote]
                [/b][/quote]

LaLime is a SIIIEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!1!!!!!1111!!!!

Get a real goaltender Leeeery!!
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(ElviswasaBluesFan @ Oct 31 2005, 06:06 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 31 2005, 03:53 PM) Quoted post

Count on it.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  [/b][/quote]
                  [/b][/quote]

LaLime is a SIIIEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!1!!!!!1111!!!!

Get a real goaltender Leeeery!!
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Thanks Tommy.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 31 2005, 04:51 PM) Quoted post

Count on it.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]

I couldn't give two shits to be honest...

Comment

Working...
                    X