X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnitz done as a Cub - may retire

As reported in USA today.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/front.htm
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

But who will make up for all of his strikeouts?

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 31 2005, 11:27 AM) Quoted post

Moon
        [/b][/quote]

Rest easy. I'm sure they'll find somebody. Cough, cough, Sorianointheoutfield, cough.

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 31 2005, 12:29 PM) Quoted post
          QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 31 2005, 11:27 AM) Quoted post

Moon
          [/b][/quote]

Rest easy. I'm sure they'll find somebody. Cough, cough, Sorianointheoutfield, cough. [/b][/quote]

Don't forget the next Lou Brock is still on that team.

Go Corey P.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Strange. I looked at his stats, and they were respectible last year. Guess he didn't like playing for Dustah.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 31 2005, 12:49 PM) Quoted post
              Strange. I looked at his stats, and they were respectible last year. Guess he didn't like playing for Dustah. [/b][/quote]

Actually the Cubs had an option to bring him back for 7 million - or buy him out for a half. They took the half. What's funny is that leaves them with no starting outfielders.

Murton - Patterson - Holler

They now have to go the free agent route for at least 2 of those spots - and the free agents aren't there. This years free agent outfielders are literally the oldie but over the hill gang. Reggie may be the second best after Giles and he is probably looking for an upgrade from the 4 mill - As we speak - J Rod and So are better options than what the Cubs will probably sign at at least one spot and maybe two. Once again even with their starters - they will suck.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Didn't read the article, but his option was for something like $7mm. He wasn't worth that.

Comment

The cooling bills @ Wrigley are gonna skyrocket now that he's gone...but hey, the kept Glendon Rusch, aka 'The Cards' El Guapo'....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(backstop @ Oct 31 2005, 01:00 PM) Quoted post
                    Didn't read the article, but his option was for something like $7mm. He wasn't worth that. [/b][/quote]

True - they were screwed pretty much either way -

With Maddox's option vesting no way they could afford him.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Awesome!
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 31 2005, 01:51 PM) Quoted post

With Maddox's option...[/b][/quote]

Mike Shannon? Is that you?

Comment

Murton hit .321 in 51 games and I can definitely see him in the starting outfield next year (If you can claim J-Rod will fit right into your outfield next year, I can say Murton will fit into ours) - the problem is that he may be the best they'll have. I fully expect Patterson to be given another shot too - and probably play himself right out of it by the summer.

Burnitz more than replaced Sosa this past year (and not just in K's, smart-asses [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]), but of course that's not saying much considering the decline he's on.

Comment

I think the Cards should sign Burnitz, put him at first and move Pujols to the outfield.
                            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Oct 31 2005, 04:05 PM) Quoted post

Murton hit .321 in 51 games and I can definitely see him in the starting outfield next year [/b][/quote]

Yep -- hitting eighth while Neifi bats second.

Comment

Working...
                              X