Pats Get ANOTHER Huge Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats Get ANOTHER Huge Call

Anyone see the Sunday night game tonight? Offensive pass interference called on Moulds on a HUGE 3rd down play which would have been a first down. Called in the final 2 minutes with the entire game on the line. Instead of first and 10, it becomes 3rd and 17. Replay showed Moulds did very little; certainly not enough to warrant an interference penalty. Pats end up winning a game they probably had no business winning. I agree they made a great come back in the 4th quarter, but if that call isn't made, the Bills have it first down inside the Pats 25 yard line with plenty of time left. I'm not saying the Bills would have won this game, but they surely deserved more than a ref making an extremely unnecessary call at that point in the game.

Bottom line, I just get tired of that team getting gift calls like these. And I don't root against the Pats. They're a great and unbelievably smart team and I love watching them play. They just get so many crucial calls like this in their favor.

End of rant.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Moulds initiated contact and pushed the DB out of the way. That's pass interference. If he doesn't push off, he's not wide open.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Not to mention the non-overturn of the pass to Branch when down 16-7. Ball clearly bounced off of the ground into his chest. Lucky and good. F&^kers
      Sketch in STL
      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 31 2005, 12:18 AM) Quoted post

Moulds initiated contact and pushed the DB out of the way. That's pass interference. If he doesn't push off, he's not wide open.
        [/b][/quote]

How did I know who would argue this post? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Come on Lippa. That shit goes on EVERY PLAY in the NFL. He barely pushed off. To make a call like that AND at that time in the game is beyond ridiculous. Agree to disagree. But enjoy the gift, friend.
        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Smells like someone's got the vapours...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 31 2005, 12:28 AM) Quoted post

Smells like someone's got the vapours...
            [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm actually not that pissed. Just gets old seeing that team get every call. They're good enough to win without that kind of stuff.

Comment

The patriots are the anointed ones in the league. They always get the calls.

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 31 2005, 01:26 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

How did I know who would argue this post? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Come on Lippa. That shit goes on EVERY PLAY in the NFL. He barely pushed off. To make a call like that AND at that time in the game is beyond ridiculous. Agree to disagree. But enjoy the gift, friend.
                [/b][/quote]

And how did I know that if there was a thread about how the Patriots got special treatment that you would be the one starting it? No, it doesn't go on every play. This wasn't a receiver and a DB hand fighting or angling for position, which does happen. Moulds initiated contact by running into the DB, which would be PI on its own, and then pushed his aside. It doesn't matter that he didn't push him hard, he pushed him. If defenders can't do it then neither can receivers. There was no gift about it.
                Official Lounge Sponsor:

Comment

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 30 2005, 11:52 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

And how did I know that if there was a thread about how the Patriots got special treatment that you would be the one starting it? No, it doesn't go on every play. This wasn't a receiver and a DB hand fighting or angling for position, which does happen. Moulds initiated contact by running into the DB, which would be PI on its own, and then pushed his aside. It doesn't matter that he didn't push him hard, he pushed him. If defenders can't do it then neither can receivers. There was no gift about it.
                  [/b][/quote]

That first part of my post was a joke, Lippa. Hence the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

As for your retort, the Patriots are a team who teach their defensive backs to constantly push and disrupt receivers downfield beyond the 5 yard limit. In fact, the defensive holding rule was changed because of the way the Pats defense has gotten away with it so glaringly in the last five years, especially during the playoffs. It's rather interesting to see someone who's team has been doing this kind of thing for so long, argue the other side of it now.

Agree to disagree.

Comment

People are complaining that a team that's 4-3 is getting "all the calls"?

Priceless.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 31 2005, 04:18 AM) Quoted post
                      People are complaining that a team that's 4-3 is getting "all the calls"?

Priceless. [/b][/quote]

big difference between 4-3 and 2-5
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 AM) Quoted post

Agree to disagree.
                        [/b][/quote]

A whale's vagina.

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 31 2005, 03:43 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Lippa @ Oct 30 2005, 11:52 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

That first part of my post was a joke, Lippa. Hence the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

As for your retort, the Patriots are a team who teach their defensive backs to constantly push and disrupt receivers downfield beyond the 5 yard limit. In fact, the defensive holding rule was changed because of the way the Pats defense has gotten away with it so glaringly in the last five years, especially during the playoffs. It's rather interesting to see someone who's team has been doing this kind of thing for so long, argue the other side of it now.

Agree to disagree.
                          [/b][/quote]

The Patriots were playing within the rules as they were being called at the time. Any team was free to do it, and several others did. Now, because of the bitching of other teams, and I suspect fans, they enforce the defensive contact rules a lot more strictly. Again, the patriots abide by the rules as they're being called. I still think it's ridiculous, as it's taken defensive backs almost entirely out of the game and made things far too easy for offenses. But none of that changes the fact that it has never been ok for a receiver to push a defensive back out of the way in order to create space that otherwise wouldn't be there.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor:

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 31 2005, 12:40 AM) Quoted post

The patriots are the anointed ones in the league. They always get the calls.
                            [/b][/quote]
                            They may be the only so-called dynasty in all of sports that was built on a titanic bad call and maintained throughout on bad calls.

Comment

plus I hate those credit card commercials they do.
                              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Working...
                              X