Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do white men benefit from government set aside quota's

By nature -

They are usually set aside for minorities or women. White's fronting Black shell companies could do well but run the risk of getting caught.

So that is answer is definately no.

However if we ask this question. Do White men benefit from not set aside quota from the government the answer is yes. See Haliburton's hierarchy.

While in theory a qualified minority would now have two chances to bid on a contract - many of those contracts are not even bidded on - basically gifted out.

TTB and others - just wanted to comment on the heart of the Hank Aaron discussion without in any way giving credit to Aaron's comments which in my opinion were inappropriate.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Set asides never work.

They promote feelings of hate and unjustice.

I've always wondered why minorities don't support more minority businesses. Instead of buying your car from the dealer who is white, but it from the minority one.

Don't hire the white plumber, hire the hispanic.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 30 2005, 10:32 PM) Quoted post
      Set asides never work.

I've always wondered why minorities don't support more minority businesses. Instead of buying your car from the dealer who is white, but it from the minority one.

Don't hire the white plumber, hire the hispanic. [/b][/quote]

Trained hatred - I once went to rent a house from a Black man who's previous renters where White and who had trashed his house and left him owing rent on top of it. He told me he wouldn't rent it to me because he preferred renting to Whites.

You'd be amazed at how many Blacks go out of there way to White mechanics and other skilled jobs because they think Whites do it better - whatever it is.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 30 2005, 09:41 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 30 2005, 10:32 PM) Quoted post
        Set asides never work.

Don't hire the white plumber, hire the hispanic. [/b][/quote]

Trained hatred - I once went to rent a house from a Black man who's previous renters where White and who had trashed his house and left him owing rent on top of it. He told me he wouldn't rent it to me because he preferred renting to Whites.

You'd be amazed at how many Blacks go out of there way to White mechanics and other skilled jobs because they think Whites do it better - whatever it is.
        [/b][/quote]

Isn't that the truth...

Comment

You'd be amazed at how many Blacks go out of there way to White mechanics and other skilled jobs because they think Whites do it better - whatever it is.[/b][/quote]

Wow.

I didn't know that.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 30 2005, 10:44 PM) Quoted post
            You'd be amazed at how many Blacks go out of there way to White mechanics and other skilled jobs because they think Whites do it better - whatever it is.[/b][/quote]

Wow.

I didn't know that.
            [/b][/quote]

One of the better kept secrets in the Black community.

I can give you a few more -

But they would be generalizations and therefore would require a bunch of cavaets.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 30 2005, 09:50 PM) Quoted post
              QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 30 2005, 10:44 PM) Quoted post

Wow.

I didn't know that.
              [/b][/quote]

One of the better kept secrets in the Black community.

I can give you a few more -

But they would be generalizations and therefore would require a bunch of cavaets.

[/b][/quote]

I am king of generalizations.

I always thought it'd be simple to start an association of black business, publicize it and make sure that a black community knew about it. Rake in the dollars. Of course, I'm white and didn't know what you said.

Comment

Like I said in the Aaron thread, racism is alive and well but great strides have been made in the past 40 years. I hope as a society we continue to evolve and we can do away with all set asides and quotas and people give work to people most qualified to perform regardless of race, gender or religion.

If Aaron had brought up government contracts...I would not have said a word about it. That he picked on MLB I thought was ludicrous.

However, set asides can hurt the government. I have a former associate and friend who is a member of a minority in this country and he is trying to manage an IT project for a large city government in the South. He told me this past Friday that he is so hamstrung by quotas and interference in staffing his project that he doesn't know how he is going to be successful. He simply can't find people with the skills he needs with all the constraints in place.

As for minorities buying more exclusively from their own race...I think that is probably a good idea. Communities should try to look out for their own.

I just prefer the government stay out of it. Actually, I prefer the government stay out of most things as they usually just make a mess.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Let's face it folks, some ethnicities just do things better than others.

For example:

If I needed a gardener, only a Mexican will do.

If I need a chef, he must be Italian.

For all my dry cleaning needs, no one gets it done like a Chinaman.

Computer problems, call an Indian.

Need a fine sword, only a Jap wil do.

Need to learn how to steal, call a negro.

Need to learn how to steal and get away with it, call a whitey.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Oct 31 2005, 10:10 AM) Quoted post

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

You need to change that.

That only applies if you're trying to steal millions of dollars from a corporation.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 31 2005, 10:12 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Dr.Gonzo @ Oct 31 2005, 10:10 AM) Quoted post

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

You need to change that.

That only applies if you're trying to steal millions of dollars from a corporation.
                      [/b][/quote]

That's implied.

Comment

Working...
                      X