Has anyone else.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else.........

realized that one of the users on this board or the "old board" was one of their best friends after reading and/or responding to their posts for over a year and a half?

I was speaking with a guy who was in my wedding the other night and I asked him if he ever posted in Bernie's Pressbox. He said he used to before it was taken over by Nazis. He then obvioulsy recommended this superior site.

When he told me his user name I about fell out of my chair. I had been talking with this guy and reading his posts and had no idea it was him. We went to the same high school, played baseball and basketball together (for about 6 years), went to MU together, and he (as I said) was in my wedding 2 years ago.

We don't speak a lot anymore b/c we live about 120 miles apart. I really respect(ed) his opinions on sports and politics and I was astonished to find out who he was (online).

Weird.....................

I know this won't generate a lot of responses b/c I'm sure most people haven't had this happen to them. But I found this to be very amusing.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Who is it? Spill the beans!

Comment

Originally posted by "F"_the_Cubs@Feb 23 2004, 09:10 PM
      realized that one of the users on this board or the "old board" was one of their best friends after reading and/or responding to their posts for over a year and a half?

I was speaking with a guy who was in my wedding the other night and I asked him if he ever posted in Bernie's Pressbox. He said he used to before it was taken over by Nazis. He then obvioulsy recommended this superior site.

When he told me his user name I about fell out of my chair. I had been talking with this guy and reading his posts and had no idea it was him. We went to the same high school, played baseball and basketball together (for about 6 years), went to MU together, and he (as I said) was in my wedding 2 years ago.

We don't speak a lot anymore b/c we live about 120 miles apart. I really respect(ed) his opinions on sports and politics and I was astonished to find out who he was (online).

Weird.....................

I know this won't generate a lot of responses b/c I'm sure most people haven't had this happen to them. But I found this to be very amusing.
      What was his user name?
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Jim?

Comment

That's wild. I found out that I used to work with one of the posters here, for a short time(although I don't recall him) and that we know some of the same people. That's as far as my 6 degrees of Gonzo goes.

Comment

Tease.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

If we are smart we should be able to figure it out.

Let's see

He calls the press box NAZI's - That could be anyone of us.

Played Baseball and Basketball together - That could be anyone of us.

Went to Missouri - Shot that leaves me out - I went to Drake.

And was in a wedding 2 years ago - That could be anyone of us except those that didn't go to mizzou.

Looks like its ...........

You know what is throwing me off. You said the guy was smart and you respect his post - that cuts out most of us.
              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

On a musician board where I'm also active there was one member that I knew lived in Connecticut (where I am) out of a large group of international folks. Come to find out he works at Hartford Hospital less than a block away from my house. After I described my studio window he attempted to drop by unannounced.

But after driving the wrong way down my one-way street and getting yelled at for it by about two dozen kids playing football in the street (I heard the yelling in the street but didn't know what it was about), and ringing my first floor neighbors bell only to have them "cover" for me (they thought he looked "angry"), he gave up.

Having heard me joke about online flame wars, when he asked for me by my forum user name my neighbors feared he was here to do something psychopathic.
                Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Man do I miss the seafood on the East Coast Dredbyrd. Let me tell you - if it ain't fried here they don't call it seafood.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I don't know but I sure hope none of you work for me.

You goof off too much at work!
                    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Feb 23 2004, 10:00 PM
                      Man do I miss the seafood on the East Coast Dredbyrd. Let me tell you - if it ain't fried here they don't call it seafood.
                      Are you kidding?

What I miss is the freshwater catfish. :P

Comment

I had some yucky catfish last year.

Not really interested in having it ever again.

Dangit.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

The Catfish can be a bit greasy sometimes. You are not going to get a hot chowder here or a buy some nice scallops for a price you don't think its absorbent. The Tuna Steaks are about the same as is the Salmon - but here a lobster roll is a foreign word - while there they sell them at McDonalds.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Feb 23 2004, 10:36 PM
                            The Catfish can be a bit greasy sometimes. You are not going to get a hot chowder here or a buy some nice scallops for a price you don't think its absorbent. The Tuna Steaks are about the same as is the Salmon - but here a lobster roll is a foreign word - while there they sell them at McDonalds.
                            Good points to which I'm mostly oblivious being a vegetarian who only occasionally eats seafood. Make that "greasy substitutes" for seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd+Feb 23 2004, 10:41 PM-->
                              QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Feb 23 2004, 10:41 PM)
                            Working...
                            X