X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karaoke update--visitors from the north

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3244/sep0080qm.jpg
    http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/8228/sep0070yr.jpg

They could have picked a better night. Dublin was missing, and so were a lot of my favorites. For the first time in a thousand or so nights, I could not sing. Laryngitis.

Started on Wednesday---I got blasted by air conditioning, and I knew by Thursday it was going to get bad. Friday I had a private party--4 hours for a 25 year anniversary-------somehow i gutted it out, sang almost every song---------but I paid the price. I could not talk above a whisper Saturday.

Played some sax blues and jazz, had one good singer sing several songs, played a dance number or two---it was going to be all right-------and then this woman, who was kind of drunk started talking to me. She seemed normal enough, until she backed me into a corner telling me over and over to get right with the lord, right now. I tried to finesse my way out of it by introducing her to the owner---she attacked me again, and eventually was carried out by the bouncers, screaming at me "you're gonna burn in hell, motherfucker!"

I could not say a word through all of this---I kept showing her my sign "I can't talk or sing tonight".

Party on. The crowd eventually loosened up, and there were more singers and more dancing. People in costumes started wandering in. One guy asked for whip it by devo, but it was for his buddy. He thought I meant it was not a good song---I was trying to say I need to talk to his friend(sometimes people are too fucked up to sing, and I need to know that). That was dvyyy setting things up for Steve. Steve called an audible and changed it to back in black, a song so hard to sing, I don't let anyone sing it---I just run a recording of acdc doing it---I took a chance on steve, cued up the real karaoke version instead, and he delivered. I think he sang devo and love shack---some girls asked for it an hour before and I could not do it with them. I believe we got Just a Gigolo in near the end.

The owner pulled a bizarre and kind of tasteless costume contest---had women up on his bar, demanding that they show a lot of skin if they wanted to win-------the night is kind of a muddle to me, but I think the visitors got the sense of what I mean about it being different than what you expect with karaoke. Every night is different. They saw some stuff. Maybe they will be back.
    v

WOW, three great looking babes, Joe. I don't know who the two homos with them are but three hawt babes are looking fine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

j/k SteveI and Dvyyyyyyyyyyyyy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
    RIP Stan the Man
    The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
    I miss TLR!

Comment

Who knew Halloween would turn into Mardi Gras?

Vive le Crystal!

Vive le kjoe!!
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

big question, did Steve sing NKOTB?
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott
        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

His "set" included

Back in Black
          Love Shack
          Whip It
          Just a Gigolo

I was crying throughout I was laughing so hard. He absolutely nailed them all, but especially Back in Black and Love Shack.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

ahhh, Whip It. I saw him do that in Nashville. I was laughing so hard but like you said, he nails em.
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 30 2005, 10:05 AM) Quoted post

ahhh, Whip It. I saw him do that in Nashville. I was laughing so hard but like you said, he nails em.
              [/b][/quote]

I neglected to mention that kjoe joined Steve on the sax for Just a Gigolo ... very nice.
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

He didn't do any New Kids?
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 30 2005, 07:35 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He wanted to, lord knows he did. We vetoed it.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 30 2005, 06:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You have no idea what you missed.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 30 2005, 07:39 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 30 2005, 06:36 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You have no idea what you missed.
                      [/b][/quote]

I'm thinking I will be able to cross it off my list at some point soon ... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img]
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Both of the chicks on the left are hot.
                        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

What's funny is that chick in the pink hat is super-cute but she took a bad picture.

The pirate had a great personality, sang Dirrrty by Christina A without needing the words, then got on the bar to sing another one.

The looks when the 3 of us walked into that place were hee-larious.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK L126-18 YOU GOT THE RIGHT STUFF

Feeling better today. Always ready for another round.
                            v

Comment

More imporatantly...did either of you two get into a tart-up with those two fine twizzlers.

I dont know about the rest of the lads, but, I dont give 2 shits on the songs...did you get any action for fuck sake?

Comment

Working...
                              X