Charlie Weis and ND to make 10 year agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Weis and ND to make 10 year agreement

No link yet, but Herbstreit just reported on College Gameday that NFL teams are already after Weis and later today, ND will sign him to a 10 year extension. Wow that's a long time.
    Of course you do.

Just wait until he gets to recruit his own players to see how good they'll be...

Fuck Notre Dame.

Comment

Damn that is a long time, this is either a GREAT move or a REALLY SHITTY move.

If he does well and you have him locked up you look good.
      If they suck and continue to lose at home [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] you are stuck with someone for 10 years?

My guess is there will be "outs" for all involved.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

There goes one possibility for the Rams job. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

As we all know, it seems college coach's contracts mean little when it comes to jumping to another job....

Having said that, it's fucking great that he could be @ ND that long....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 29 2005, 11:06 AM) Quoted post

As we all know, it seems college coach's contracts mean little when it comes to jumping to another job....

Having said that, it's fucking great that he could be @ ND that long....
            [/b][/quote]
            ++

Good move by ND. Excellent.
            --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
            --Suck it cubbies.
            --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Notre Dame to extend Weis' contract through 2015
              ESPN.com news services

Charlie Weis will sign a contract extension with Notre Dame, ending speculation that he will return to the NFL as a head coach, ESPN College GameDay analyst Kirk Herbstreit reported Saturday.

Beginning next season, the new 10-year deal will keep Weis at Notre Dame through 2015.

The No. 9 Fighting Irish are 5-2 this season going into Saturday's game against Tennessee.

Weis became the first Notre Dame graduate to coach the team since Hugh Devore served as interim coach in 1963, signing a six-year contract with Notre Dame in December, in the midst of his ninth season with the New England Patriots, his fifth as the team's offensive coordinator. [/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
              X