GDT: CIA leak case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: CIA leak case

I. Lewis Libby was indicted on five felony counts. The charges include obstruction of justice, perjury, and making false statements. More to come. -- dailykos.com
    Dude. Can. Fly.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

David Ensor on CNN: The indictment is for lying about how and when in 2003 Libby learned classified information about the employment of Valerie Wilson by the Central Intelligence Agency. Total of five counts in the indictment:

False statements on October 14 and September 27, 2003
      Perjury on March 5, March 24, 2004.
      Obstruction of justice in Spring 2003.

Wolf Blitzer, reading from the indictment: In May 2003, Libby began acquiring information about Joe Wilson's trip to Niger. Learned about Valerie Plame from Dick Cheney, who had learned about her from the CIA. Libby later lied about his conversations with Tim Russert, Matt Cooper, and Judith Miller. Endangered national security by discussing this with reporters.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 28 2005, 11:57 AM) Quoted post

David Ensor on CNN: The indictment is for lying about how and when in 2003 Libby learned classified information about the employment of Valerie Wilson by the Central Intelligence Agency. Total of five counts in the indictment:

False statements on October 14 and September 27, 2003
        Perjury on March 5, March 24, 2004.
        Obstruction of justice in Spring 2003.
        [/b][/quote]

Moon

Comment

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- Vice presidential adviser I. Lewis "Scooter' Libby Jr. was indicted Friday on charges of obstruction of justice, making a false statement and perjury in the CIA leak case.

Karl Rove, President Bush's closest adviser, apparently escaped indictment Friday but remained under investigation, his legal status a looming political problem for the White House.

The indictments stem from a two-year investigation by special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald into whether Rove, Libby or any other administration officials knowingly revealed the identity of CIA agent Valerie Plame or lied about their involvement to investigators.

The five-count indictment accuses Libby of lying about how and when he learned about CIA official Valerie Plane's identity in 2003 and then told reporters about it. The information was classified.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Comment

NY Daily News says Libby has already packed up his office and that a replacement has already been identified.
              Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Comment

5 counts on Scoot. Fitz is not messing around. Run for the hills, Rovey! Run!
                  No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true
                  President George W. Bush, March 21, 2006

I'm a war president
                  President George W. Bush, February 8, 2004

Comment

Beautiful.

5 counts leveled against one person. Amazing.

Even better: Rove is not going to escape, and his will be as bad, or worse. He did indeed turn down a perjury plea-bargain and is now centered in the cross-hairs of an expanding investigation that will involve the Berlusconi government, someone in the White House knowingly pushing forged documents as casus belli (forged docs that the State Department and CIA were never supposed to actually see), and a whole shitstorm of stuff right up to lying to Congress.

Ouch!

Expect ol' Scooter to flip and sing.
                    I like cheese.

Comment

QUOTE(triggercut1 @ Oct 28 2005, 12:13 PM) Quoted post

Expect ol' Scooter to flip and sing.
                      [/b][/quote]

Moon

Comment

We will bring dignity and honor back to Washington.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Not surprisingly, Libby has resigned.
                          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Dumb question: two of the counts were somewhat based upon Libby misleading the press in interviews (Cooper and Russert) re: Plame?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 28 2005, 12:43 PM) Quoted post
                              Dumb question: two of the counts were somewhat based upon Libby misleading the press in interviews (Cooper and Russert) re: Plame? [/b][/quote]

I thought he was charged because he denied telling Cooper and Russert about Plame and they said he had indeed told them. Maybe I'm reading the charges wrong, probably because it feels like I just opened my first gift on Fitzmas Day. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X