5 Reasons Not To Blame........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Reasons Not To Blame........

Anyone see this last night? I know it has been on before but it was made in 2005 and first time I got to view it.

Pretty interesting stuff, though we all know about it and it didnt teach me anything new except for Keith Hernandez and his "black magic" bullshit that he claims to have put a curse on the cards.

Pretty bizzare stuff about him and the things that went on to hurt the Cards after he was traded.

Not a bad show, though not nearly as entertaining as 5 reasons not to blame Steve Bartman.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

The curse of Taco?

Didn't see it, guessing it was only aired locally.

What about black magic?
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

QUOTE(dredbyrd @ Oct 28 2005, 10:03 AM) Quoted post

The curse of Taco?

Didn't see it, guessing it was only aired locally.

What about black magic?
      [/b][/quote]

I didn't see it either - was this something that Hernandez himself claims to have put on the Cardinals, or just a "curse" that somebody came up with after the fact? If it was Hernandez himself, wouldn't he be able to "Reverse the curse" now that he's somewhat reconciled with the Cardinals and their fans?

Besides I thought that Hernandez was more into "white magic" at the time of his trade anyway...

Comment

He claimed during his one minute interview that as soon as he got to NY, he put the curse on STL through his black magic books he was reading at the time.

While I dont believe in that bullshit and think its just media hype, we may find out in 15 years when we are still without a title.

They showed the Jack Clark/ Porter fuck up where the foul ball dropped behind Clark and into the KC dugout right after the bad call. Hernandez laughed and said "I would not have missed that foul ball". They even mentioned hernandez talking about he would have made a better flip to first to Worrell because he was a better fielder and they play would not have been close.

Then they talked about the bad luck of injuries we have EVERY postseason. And finally talked about Suppan and his shitty baserunning and the most embarassing world series performance ever. And they zoomed in on Suppan's jersey number and who used to wear the number? Ol' Keith Hernandez himself. He just laughed about it.

Again, total bullshit, but much like the Babe and goat and all, it was very funny to think about and watch.

Comment

He claimed during his one minute interview that as soon as he got to NY, he put the curse on STL through his black magic books he was reading at the time[/quote][/b]

He was so f**ked up on blow at that time, how could he remember what he did?
          Official Lounge Sponsor:
          The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

QUOTE(Johnny H @ Oct 28 2005, 11:36 AM) Quoted post

He claimed during his one minute interview that as soon as he got to NY, he put the curse on STL through his black magic books he was reading at the time[/quote][/b]

He was so f**ked up on blow at that time, how could he remember what he did?
            [/b][/quote]

Hernandez was on Live at Shannon's the final weekend of the season. I thought for sure he was a flaming homo except that he kept talking about his wife. Maybe his wife is a guy, I don't know. What a fucking poof.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Do educated people in the 21st century really believe in curses? Really? I hope y'all are joking.

Anyway, not too hard to come up with five reasons for that. Actually, one reason, "The Cardinals batted .185 in the 1985 World Series" should do.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Oct 28 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

They showed the Jack Clark/ Porter fuck up where the foul ball dropped behind Clark and into the KC dugout right after the bad call. Hernandez laughed and said "I would not have missed that foul ball". They even mentioned hernandez talking about he would have made a better flip to first to Worrell because he was a better fielder and they play would not have been close.

[/b][/quote]

He may have a point about the foul ball but he's full of shit about the flip. It wasn't even close, Orta was out by a full step.
                Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 28 2005, 12:34 PM) Quoted post

Do educated people in the 21st century really believe in curses? Really? I hope y'all are joking.

Anyway, not too hard to come up with five reasons for that. Actually, one reason, "The Cardinals batted .185 in the 1985 World Series" should do.
                  [/b][/quote]

All for media attention. That is all it is.

Not sure one person here said they buy into this 'curse' theory or any other.

as for the flip, it was a bit high and ill timed, although Orta was obvioulsy out. It was the umps poor positioning and being too close to the bag for the call that was the downfall.

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Oct 28 2005, 11:28 AM) Quoted post
                    They showed the Jack Clark/ Porter fuck up where the foul ball dropped behind Clark and into the KC dugout right after the bad call. Hernandez laughed and said "I would not have missed that foul ball". They even mentioned hernandez talking about he would have made a better flip to first to Worrell because he was a better fielder and they play would not have been close. [/b][/quote]

Did Hernandez claim he would have hat a better AB against Niedenfuhrer in LA?

Comment

He's not gay. He dated Elaine Benes.
                      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

>>Did Hernandez claim he would have hat a better AB against Niedenfuhrer in LA?<<

Ask that jackoff about his throwing error vs. Montreal in 1984 that deep-sixed the Mets chances of "Flub Busting".
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 28 2005, 12:34 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

You continue to post.

So, I suppose I don't.
                          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

QUOTE(King @ Oct 28 2005, 02:26 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Oct 28 2005, 11:28 AM) Quoted post
                            They showed the Jack Clark/ Porter fuck up where the foul ball dropped behind Clark and into the KC dugout right after the bad call. Hernandez laughed and said "I would not have missed that foul ball". They even mentioned hernandez talking about he would have made a better flip to first to Worrell because he was a better fielder and they play would not have been close. [/b][/quote]

Did Hernandez claim he would have hat a better AB against Niedenfuhrer in LA?
                            [/b][/quote]

Hahaha. Good point.

Oddly enough that was one of the reasons not to blame Denk because they said if it had not been for Lasorda's dumb move to pitch to Clark and for Niedenfuhrer to throw a fastball to Clark and to give up Ozzie's first dinger in 3,000 abs..........then LA would have been there and not STL.

Also said that was the first year the LCS was moved to best of 7 instead of 5 and Toronto had that 3 games to 1 lead over KC, meaning if it were a best of 5 it would have been Toronto vs STL.......Lame argument, but one nonetheless.

Comment

Granted, the Cards won the WS in '82, but The Curse of Steve Carlton would be more accurate. Had this happened in NY or Boston, it would rank right up there with the Ruth trade. The organization hasn't had a legitimate ace since.

Comment

Working...
                              X