Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tkachuk has three broken ribs

from Fox Midwest Sports Report...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I could have told you that the night it happened.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 27 2005, 10:49 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
      Yeah, but I would've had to pay to stand next you and we all know that ain't happening [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 27 2005, 11:49 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
        Exactly... that was vicious... painful to watch. And he went down in a heap.
        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 27 2005, 10:52 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BlueBrained @ Oct 27 2005, 11:49 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
          Exactly... that was vicious... painful to watch. And he went down in a heap.
          [/b][/quote]

I KNEW HE WAS GHEY!!!!!111

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Blues' Tkachuk is out with cracked ribs
            By Jeremy Rutherford
            ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
            10/27/2005

ANAHEIM, CALIF.

Blues left winger Keith Tkachuk will be out for an undetermined amount of time after an MRI test revealed Thursday that he had three non-displaced cracked ribs.

Tkachuk suffered the rib injury Oct. 15 when he jabbed himself in the midsection with the butt-end of his stick after he got the blade caught in the pads of Nashville goaltender Tomas Vokoun.

Tkachuk has missed the past four games and will not be with the team for the foreseeable future. The team faces the Anaheim Mighty Ducks at 9:35 tonight in Anaheim.

After skating with the Blues on Tuesday morning in Phoenix, Tkachuk felt extreme discomfort in his stomach area. He was seen by a Coyotes team doctor before a decision was made for him to return to St. Louis for tests. A second CT scan Thursday showed no damage, but the MRI discovered the cracked ribs.

Blues general manager Larry Pleau said Tkachuk will stay off the ice until the pain subsides. The MRI showed some initial healing, Pleau said.

"Time-wise, nobody knows," Pleau said. "Three weeks, five weeks ... it's all up to (Tkachuk) and when he's ready. In the meantime, he'll have to take it easy."

Tkachuk, who was unavailable for comment, said Tuesday the injury got better last weekend, but then progressively worsened. He stayed on the ice after practice Tuesday morning and said afterward that making quick starts and stops didn't feel right.

"He couldn't do a whole lot," Blues coach Mike Kitchen said. "At least Keith knows what it is now, but it's probably going to take awhile (to get him back).

"I think we'll just see how comfortable he gets and how much pain he can put up with. Is it a week? Two weeks? Hopefully it's less than that."

Tkachuk has played in two of nine games this season. He suffered a groin injury in the season opener against Detroit and missed the next three games. Tkachuk then suffered the rib injury in the second period against Nashville. He returned for the third period, logging about six minutes after the injury occurred, but knew something was wrong the next day.

"Two games, four periods," Kitchen said. "The first time he got hurt he pulled his groin in Detroit. He played in two periods there. He played in two periods when he hurt his ribs. It's very discouraging because with him in the lineup it really changes the look of our team."

Kitchen doesn't envision any changes to the roster with Tkachuk out.

"We'll have the same lineup with the players we have here," Kitchen said. "We'll just kind of experiment with it. He does make our lineup much stronger, but we don't have him. There's nothing we can do about it. We'll move forward."

BLUES VS. MIGHTY DUCKS
            When: 9:35 tonight, FSN Midwest.
            Where: Arrowhead Pond.

BLUES PREVIEW

Backup goalie Reinhard Divis will make his first start this season for the Blues, giving Patrick Lalime a break. Divis has played in only one game this season, replacing Lalime in a 5-1 loss Oct. 5 at Detroit. He allowed one goal, looking much better than he did in the preseason. Divis will try to help the Blues end a three-game losing skid.

MIGHTY DUCKS PREVIEW

Jean-Sebastian Giguere has returned from a groin injury he suffered in the Ducks' 3-2 loss Oct. 19 at St. Louis. He sat out three games before returning in Wednesday's 4-1 win over Calgary, in which he made 25 saves. The Ducks have given up one power-play goal in their past two games, after a stretch in which they allowed two in six consecutive games.

KEY STAT

3 - Anaheim center Andy McDonald has scored a goal in three consecutive games.

INJURIES

Blues: D Bryce Salvador (hamstring) and RW Jamal Mayers (quad muscle), probable; LW Keith Tkachuk (ribs) and RW Eric Boguniecki (shoulder), out.

Mighty Ducks: Sergei Fedorov (groin), Sandis Ozolinsh (rib) and Ryan Getzlaf (shoulder), out. [/b][/quote]

Comment

3 spare ribs?
              \'user\'user\'user
              Sponsor of Mee-Shay, Dante Culpepper & Marian Gaborik
              proud sponsor of ball-magnet

Comment

He's out 3-5 weeks...

Comment

I Hope he never comes back.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

And many of us begged the Blues to buy out his contract.
                    But, nooooo...
                    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                    "I didn't know you
                    had any feelings"

Comment

QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Oct 29 2005, 12:21 AM) Quoted post

But, nooooo...
                      [/b][/quote]
                      You know what else?

Despite his no trade, the Blues were supposedly working on a deal w/ PHO to dump him....

Comment

I should probably swear off sponsorships along with predictions. At least this time if I go down I'm taking someone else (#7) with me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

This is starting to get to me too....and I wasn't even upset with what he did during last year's WS.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 29 2005, 12:22 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(SunuvaNun @ Oct 29 2005, 12:21 AM) Quoted post

But, nooooo...
                          [/b][/quote]
                          You know what else?

Despite his no trade, the Blues were supposedly working on a deal w/ PHO to dump him....
                          [/b][/quote]

Could we tell them we just want to reverse the trade we made a few years ago?

"Yeah, Wayne, about that Tkachuk trade. See Larry, you know Larry Pleau right? Anyway he's walking down by the ice one day, and alluva sudden *POW* gets hit by an Al MacInnis slapshot. Suddenly he thinks it's 1993 again and goes through with that trade. See? It wasn't his fault. So could you, y'know, let us have back Nagy? We realise you guys got rid of Handzus and Taffe and we understand that's the way the cookie crumbles so we're willing to take our lumps here."

"Wayne, would you please stop laughing? It's hard for me to get a word in."

"Damn he hung up"
                          "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                          "I didn't know you
                          had any feelings"

Comment

He reminds me of the post-lockout Shawn Kemp a few years ago.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

QUOTE(bcruise @ Oct 29 2005, 01:35 AM) Quoted post

I should probably swear off sponsorships along with predictions. At least this time if I go down I'm taking someone else (#7) with me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

This is starting to get to me too....and I wasn't even upset with what he did during last year's WS.
                              [/b][/quote]
                              What is getting to you... that he's injured?
                              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Working...
                              X