• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams Fans have turned their backs

Rams' Jimmy Kennedy Blasts Fans
    created: 10/27/2005 6:05:26 PM
    updated: 10/27/2005 6:41:28 PM

Rams fans are not going to like this.

Rams Defensive Tackle Jimmy Kennedy took a shot at the folks who were at the Edward Dome Jones last Sunday as the Rams played the Saints.

Even though the Rams started out playing poorly, Kennedy is still knocking "Rams Nation" for a lack of support.

He says such treatment wouldn't have happened in his hometown.

In part, he said, "I'm from New York. We root for the Yankees, we root for the Mets, we root for everybody. New York fans are different. I'd never expected our stadium to be quiet like it was. For our fans to turn our backs on us as early as it is in the season, it kind of bothered me, myself." [/b][/quote]

Video from KSDK

The BFTOG speaks...

Hey, Jimmy...STFU and go get some more meatballs

Comment

Hey Jimmy, Love New York?

Take I-70 East.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Not a dupe, but effin' hilarious that this guy has the nerve to call out the fans...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

He's cut
          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

C'mon folks, this is no surprise, St.Louis football fans suck.

This isn't a shot at anyone, its just the way it is. I know I don't care about the Rams nearly as much as my other favorite sports teams. It has a little bit to do with Martz and a lot to do with just not feeling that strong of an attachment to the team.
            You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 27 2005, 11:25 PM) Quoted post

This isn't a shot at anyone, its just the way it is. I know I don't care about the Rams nearly as much as my other favorite sports teams. It has a little bit to do with Martz and a lot to do with just not feeling that strong of an attachment to the team.
              [/b][/quote]
              True.
              Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
              "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 27 2005, 10:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                I'd be the first one to tell you that place stinks for watching a game, I just find it funny that Jimmy Kennedy was the one who did it...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

That's just what St. Louis sports fans love to hear.
                  How NYC fans are more loyal. Thanks Tino Martinez.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 27 2005, 10:25 PM) Quoted post

This isn't a shot at anyone, its just the way it is.
                    [/b][/quote]

++

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 27 2005, 09:43 PM) Quoted post
                      Not a dupe, but effin' hilarious that this guy has the nerve to call out the fans... [/b][/quote]
                      Especially being from New York -- where the fans are ghey and fickle... and not afraid to boo. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 27 2005, 09:43 PM) Quoted post

Not a dupe, but effin' hilarious that this guy has the nerve to call out the fans...
                        [/b][/quote]

No shit. Play a full season and have an impact before you start running your yapper, Jimmy...
                        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I think alot of fans are disenchanted with whats been happening at Rams park lately, with what the backstabbing and circus that is involving Mike Martz and the front office.

I also think Rams fans are spoiled. We haven't had the franchise here in St. Louis for that long, but have already won one Super Bowl and been to another while fielding "The greatest show on turf". Most Rams fans don't remember the struggles that the St. Louis football Cardinals had and have jumped on board when the Rams came out of nowhere in 1999 to dominate the league. It ain't gonna stay that way forever, there will be down times to follow the high times. St. Louis sports fans are still the best, we still support the team. Rams players from that era are still looked at with a certain reverence. How else can you explain Kurt Warner still casting a shadow over Bulger in spite of Bulger's outstanding record and numbers as a starter? The current team has to live up to those expectations, and that is unreasonable.

I haven't been to near as many Rams games as Cardinal games but have had a great time at the ones I have been to, and very impressed by the experience. I like to think of all St. Louis sports teams as being family and representative of the great city of St. Louis. I like seeing pictures of Jim Edmonds at Paddy O's with a Rams jersey on and Isaac Bruce rocking Cardinal gear. I was at a Cardinal game one night and Mark Bulger was pictured on the jumbo-tron while at the game wearing a Cardinal hat. Got a big ovation. I don't know how much of that goes on in other cities with their teams, but its neat to see here. They need to get things at Rams park in order and stop all the drama. They need to get back into the business of moving the franchise ahead and winning instead of personal attacks and vendettas. We still have the potential for a great team if we can get Bulger, Holt, and Bruce back and 100%. A win this weekend is important. If we can somehow get it done going into the bye week and get all those guys back, we'll be in good shape.

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

QUOTE(DLove @ Oct 27 2005, 10:57 PM) Quoted post

We still have the potential for a great team if we can get Bulger, Holt, and Bruce back and 100%. A win this weekend is important. If we can somehow get it done going into the bye week and get all those guys back, we'll be in good shape.
                            [/b][/quote]

Glass-half-full-motherfucker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
                            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                            -mike
                            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

QUOTE(OldSchoolStroker @ Oct 27 2005, 11:29 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(DLove @ Oct 27 2005, 10:57 PM) Quoted post

We still have the potential for a great team if we can get Bulger, Holt, and Bruce back and 100%. A win this weekend is important. If we can somehow get it done going into the bye week and get all those guys back, we'll be in good shape.
                              [/b][/quote]

Glass-half-full-motherfucker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]
                              [/b][/quote]

Perhaps "great" was a stretch.

Very good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Official lounge sponsor of new Busch Stadium!

Comment

Working...
                              X