Does this make you angry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 27 2005, 12:50 PM) Quoted post
    I am not happy about it (other than the fact that my energy mutual funds are going nuts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] ), but do you really think this administration has the stones to impose windfall taxes on the oil companies? [/b][/quote]

The mob used to extort business also.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 27 2005, 03:01 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Turd Ferguson @ Oct 27 2005, 03:01 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 27 2005, 02:58 PM) Quoted post

I won't lose any sleep tonight.
      [/b][/quote]
      That pisses me off.
      [/b][/quote]

Too soon?
      [/b][/quote]
      Yes.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 27 2005, 03:01 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 27 2005, 12:50 PM) Quoted post
        I am not happy about it (other than the fact that my energy mutual funds are going nuts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] ), but do you really think this administration has the stones to impose windfall taxes on the oil companies? [/b][/quote]

The mob used to extort business also.
        [/b][/quote]

I don't know ifI buy your "Bush has mob ties" theory, but I can see the similarities.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 27 2005, 02:58 PM) Quoted post

I don't understand how anyone can be pissed by someone else making money.

I understand being upset that you weren't a part of the profits, but Exxon broke no rules or laws. Why shouldn't they make as much as they possibly can?
          [/b][/quote]
          I think that's the whole point of a corporation is to make as much money as possible for their stockholders.

No one yells when General Electric turns a profit.

It's supply and demand. Basic economic principle. The oil companies have a product that is in high demand. Demand is driven by the consumer.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
          Proud Sponsor of Kirkwood Athletic Associations's Gameface #5 DK
          Official Sponsor of the Lounge Badgers #13 Guppy
          Official Lounge Sponsor of the Rams # 81 Torry Holt
          NOW Sponsoring St. Louis Cardinals #3 Abraham Nunez
          LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!! \"IPB

"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere..."

formerly aka Lois Lane - Going back to my hillbilly roots!

Comment

QUOTE(Airshark @ Oct 27 2005, 02:55 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Donuts_For_Koharski @ Oct 27 2005, 02:50 PM) Quoted post

I am not happy about it (other than the fact that my energy mutual funds are going nuts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img] ), but do you really think this administration has the stones to impose windfall taxes on the oil companies?
            [/b][/quote]

Do you really think they should impose such taxes? Taxing success is precisely the reason that income taxes are counterproductive.
            [/b][/quote]
            No, I don't think they should apply the windfall tax them. They have every right to make a profit, just like any other business. However, I disagree with you stance on income taxes. Income taxes in and of themselves are a necessary evil, but our current system of tax loopholes and exceptions for huge companies and individuals at the very top of the food chain are counterproductive and unfair.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

China and India are making the oil companies exceedingly happy.....Bush would be an afterthought. The fact that Bush has turned an eye to the buttchurning that we have been getting is somewhat valid,but it`s all about what we will pay.
              "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

BBZ believes that this is the first sighting of the word "buttchurning" on the Lounge/Cartel
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(blue zone @ Oct 27 2005, 03:18 PM) Quoted post

China and India are making the oil companies exceedingly happy.....Bush would be an afterthought. The fact that Bush has turned an eye to the buttchurning that we have been getting is somewhat valid,but it`s all about what we will pay.
                  [/b][/quote]
                  Exactly. Economics 101. Some of the economists here at the Fed did an study on the rising gasoline prices earlier this year, and increased demand, particularly in China, was a major factor.

Here's the article
                  What's Driving Oil Prices

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 27 2005, 01:19 PM) Quoted post

BBZ believes that this is the first sighting of the word "buttchurning" on the Lounge/Cartel
                    [/b][/quote]

BFiSF believes this is the first time he's ever seen BBZ refer to himself in the third person on the Lounge/Cartel...
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 27 2005, 03:24 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

BFiSF believes this is the first time he's ever seen BBZ refer to himself in the third person on the Lounge/Cartel...
                      [/b][/quote]

This is probably because BFiSF is unaware that today is "Third Person Thursday" at the Lounge.

Comment

Them making money doesn't make me mad, them telling us that the price of gas is so high due to Katrina, the gulf and all that crap but not including because they are taking record profits from it is whats BS.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

didn't think so...corporate cocksuckers

and FWIW space invader concurs with madyaks above post.
                          ++
                          The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.---Socrates
                          A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.---Plato

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 27 2005, 01:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

This is probably because BFiSF is unaware that today is "Third Person Thursday" at the Lounge.
                            [/b][/quote]

BFisF thinks that is extremely ghey...
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                            OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Blues Fan in SF @ Oct 27 2005, 03:36 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 27 2005, 01:28 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

BFisF thinks that is extremely ghey...
                              [/b][/quote]

BBZ happens to agree, but also thinks that it's not up to BBZ and BFiSF.

Comment

Get this.

On Tuesday, a group within Exxon called and placed an order with my company for some software we make. They were pressing for over night delivery. I was happy to oblige since it was a nice order. Since we had not sold to this particular group before, my pointy haired boss told me to get a credit rating. A credit rating on Exxon?? I looked at him like he was crazy. You can imagine the reaction I got asking the Exxon buyer for the D & B number so I could check Exxon's credit.

It gets worse. Since they had never been asked that before they had no idea what was the right D & B number. I spend an hour looking up the various possiblities before I found the number for this particular group. After paying the 40 bucks to do the check, the report had no information on that group. The report said if we had reason to believe this company was still in business, we should call the 1-800 customer service line. I called them up and told them I was pretty sure Exxon is still in business. The service rep said she would call this group, get the necessary information, and update the database. A new report would be available in 5-7 working days, at which point we could pay for another credit report. After passing on this good news to Exxon, the buyer informs me he has learned that a different group, with a different D & B number, was now responsible for reporting their required financial information. So, we spent another 40 bucks getting another credit report. And what did this vital information tell us?

Exxon has good credit.
                                "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Working...
                                X