These are the days of our lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the days of our lives

I still blame him for a lot of the on-field problems, but I'm pissed about how much crap he had to deal with. There is no way that we get a decent coach once he's canned. This whole thing smacks of George Boone and Bill Bidwell all over again. I want to puke.
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Crap like what?
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

The organization is a joke top to bottom.

Martz, sick or not sick, is a damn idiot when it comes to game management. No way should be be a head coach.

Rams Park is a mess.

Hadley and Savard shouldn't be in the jobs that they are as long as they're collecting Rams' paychecks.

And Larry Marmie, well, he's still the best.

Comment

QUOTE(lazydaze @ Oct 27 2005, 08:00 AM) Quoted post

Crap like what?
        [/b][/quote]

For all his faults, MM didn't need to be fighting for control of football operations with Zygmut. The request for a department of pro personnel is reasonable. And, Zyg shouldn't be in the coaching box or even on the field requesting to see game plans. See Bernie's column today for clearer examples.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

A little bit. I still think he needs to go back to the booth, although I don't see that happening. No one deserves that kind of treatment from their boss. NO ONE.

Comment

The circus there is what makes me somewhat interested in the Rams. It would not matter if Martz was coach or not.
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

If the Rams offer a decent prospect a coaching job, of course he'll be interested, he doesn't give a shit about Mike Martz, he see's a chance to take over a team with quite a bit of talent.

As far as Martz goes...take a hint, collect your salary for next season and take a walk. It doesn't have to be this dramatic. Oh and get well soon...
              You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

ever since the carolina game, I thought martz should not be head coach of a team. I don't care about the rest of the rams people even though they are f'ed up too.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Martz brought this upon himself. The back-biting is a direct result of Martz's desire to control every aspect of football operations despite the proven track record of Armey with drafting and Zygmunt's cap control. Shaw compounded it by failing to clearly define the roles of the relevant personnel. The fact that Martz has been failing at every aspect of his job forced others to take matters into their own hands.

Moon

Comment

This whole thing just seems like the girlfriend or boyfriend who can't let go...just fucking give up. Collect your losses and move on. Staying around on the side trying to ressurect everything or get retribution just makes it worse for all involved.

If the Rams are trying to stiff Martz for his money for next year, then I don't blame him for not being able to just say fuck it and walk away, he deserves his money, but for some reason, I get the feeling that Martz contract isn't the problem here...
                    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 27 2005, 08:58 AM) Quoted post

Martz brought this upon himself. The back-biting is a direct result of Martz's desire to control every aspect of football operations despite the proven track record of Armey with drafting and Zygmunt's cap control. Shaw compounded it by failing to clearly define the roles of the relevant personnel. The fact that Martz has been failing at every aspect of his job forced others to take matters into their own hands.

Moon
                      [/b][/quote]

Yes, but now that we see the power grab that Jay Z was doing behind the scenes, doesn't that partially explain why Martz was trying to shore up his own power?

But yeah, mistakes were made by all.

I for one am on Martz's side in all this.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Oct 27 2005, 09:17 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 27 2005, 08:58 AM) Quoted post

Moon
                        [/b][/quote]

Yes, but now that we see the power grab that Jay Z was doing behind the scenes, doesn't that partially explain why Martz was trying to shore up his own power?

But yeah, mistakes were made by all.

I for one am on Martz's side in all this.
                        [/b][/quote]

You crazy, man. You crazy.

Moon

Comment

Does it change my view that he's a bad head coach?

No.

Comment

QUOTE(devaskar @ Oct 27 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post

Does it change my view that he's a bad head coach?

No.
                            [/b][/quote]

Well, that's a different question though ...
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Martz is a bad head coach.

Zygmunt is an overrated executive.

Shaw should be crapcanned because he has less control of this team than Brownie had at FEMA.

Time to call in a plumber.
                              "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Working...
                              X