Oh snap....what if Fox news had been around at other points in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh snap....what if Fox news had been around at other points in history

post your favorite fair and balanced historical perspective!

Are you on the list?

Are you on the list?

Comment

This one is actually completely believable.

Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I'll admit those are funny. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

link
          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

I had never been to Fark before, but I go there, and they have a nutty letter that was in my local newspaper yesterday...

Blame Clinton for teen oral sex

A few thoughts after watching the "Today Show" on Friday, where I learned that more than 50 percent of American 16- to 19-year-olds have had oral sex.

A group interview with several teens revealed that this behavior is considered less intimate than sexual intercourse, that it doesn't really equal having sex and that it doesn't require protection from STDs.

Surprised? Not I.

In 1998, these teens were children watching nightly TV news reports of our president's impeachment. Just as we adults did, over and over they heard him defend himself with: "It depends on what you mean by 'having sex.'" They also saw the rise to near-stardom of the young intern complicit in the Oval Office misbehavior. And although teens should know better than to disregard the risk of STDs — they have had sex education in school, after all — apparently abstinence-based curriculum hasn't quite succeeded in informing them.

So to those who continue to question the abundant evidence that television models have profound influences on young viewers, and to those surprised by reports like the one on "Today" indicating that youth don't know much better even after sex education, I would say this: "Like, duh?!"

Susan Hom, Springfield
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

How about a link. Looked the Fark site over and I can't find these pics.

Mr. G

Comment

Working...
              X