• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran president wants Israel 'wiped off the map'

Iran president wants Israel ‘wiped off the map’
    Ahmadinejad says new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy Israel
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 7:31 a.m. ET Oct. 26, 2005

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran’s hard-line president called for Israel to be “wiped off the map” and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

“There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world,” Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called “The World without Zionism.”

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation’s fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world,” Ahmadinejad said.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran’s Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

“As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

Ahmadinejad referred to Israel’s recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip as a “trick,” saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.
    © 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9823624/[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Which means they have nukes and are daring everyone to give them a reason to use them.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 26 2005, 01:51 PM) Quoted post

Which means they have nukes and are daring everyone to give them a reason to use them.
      [/b][/quote]
      Didn't Iran promise to share their nuclear technology with other Arab nations? Just think what Hammas could do with a nuclear warhead.

Comment

We need to schedule talks to work through this.
        "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 26 2005, 02:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I suggest multi-lateral AND uni-lateral talks to help this situation.
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 26 2005, 02:26 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 26 2005, 02:25 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I suggest multi-lateral AND uni-lateral talks to help this situation.
            [/b][/quote]

And don't forget to give peace a chance.
            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

I thought the EU was taking care of this?
              RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
              You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 26 2005, 02:28 PM) Quoted post
                I thought the EU was taking care of this? [/b][/quote]
                Hahahahaha.

Comment

Cool.
                  -TheTorch
                  Are you on the list?

Comment

So,of course..the best thing for us to do is haul ass and ignore the situation...that way,they can nuke/kill/invade/gas each other by the thousands,but we'll be un-affected,and all the Bush-bashing Iraq-occupation-protesting pussies will be happy

Comment

Nope. Gotta protect Israel at all costs.
                      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

It's times like these where I'm glad I live in a country where such a fanatical religious xenophobic person cannot become President...

Oh.
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

QUOTE(Argon @ Oct 26 2005, 02:42 PM) Quoted post
                          So,of course..the best thing for us to do is haul ass and ignore the situation...that way,they can nuke/kill/invade/gas each other by the thousands,but we'll be un-affected,and all the Bush-bashing Iraq-occupation-protesting pussies will be happy [/b][/quote]

Absolutley no preemption. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If Iran claims that Isreal has "WMDs" wouldn't Iran then be just in attacking them?

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 26 2005, 01:51 PM) Quoted post
                              Which means they have nukes and are daring everyone to give them a reason to use them.[/b][/quote]
                              Which would be pretty interesting.

I mean, if Iran used their nukes to wipe Israel off the map, wouldn't Iran quickly follow Israel to that place where countries go when they are wiped off a map?

MAD still applies, you know.

To me the larger question is this: If Iran launced a nuclear (nucular?) attack on Israel, would it be the job of the US to launch the nuclear attack against Iran?

Comment

Working...
                              X