Fantasy Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Help!!!!!

Alright, big matchup for me this week. I need some advice.........

Here are my starters, here is my bench, please let me know your thoughts.

Culpepper @Carolina
    Holmes @S.D.
    Portis @ NY Giants
    Burress Vs Wash
    Glenn Vs Arizona

My bench has

Drew Brees vs KC
    Lamont Jordan @ Tennessee
    Cadillac @ San Francisco
    Kennan McCardell vs KC
    And I am working a deal to get Jimmy Smith because he is facing the weak ass Rams this week.

Thoughts?

I am thinking of using Cadillac against the niners but not sure who to bench. I guess Portis wont do too well against the Giants, but who knows. What about Jordan? Is that worth a start? And at receiver, do I stick with Burress and Glenn or do I put Jimmy Smith in to replace one of them? Do I entertain the idea of Keenan McCardell at all? Do I stay with Culpepper in carolina?

I have too many weapons right now.

What would you guys do? This is a league where I can only have two RBs and two WRs.

Thanks guys!
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Priest, Portis, Lamont and Cadillac on the SAME TEAM?

my advice: get in a competitive league next year
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

I honestly think I would start Brees over Culpepper and if you can work that trade for Smith - that would be ideal.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I would seriously consider this lineup:

Drew Brees vs KC
        Holmes @S.D.
        Cadillac @ San Francisco
        Kennan McCardell vs KC
        Burress Vs Wash
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(Deacon Blues @ Oct 26 2005, 11:09 AM) Quoted post
          Priest, Portis, Lamont and Cadillac on the SAME TEAM?

my advice: get in a competitive league next year [/b][/quote]

++

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 26 2005, 11:12 AM) Quoted post

I would seriously consider this lineup:

Drew Brees vs KC
            Holmes @S.D.
            Cadillac @ San Francisco
            Kennan McCardell vs KC
            Burress Vs Wash
            [/b][/quote]

Yep, then pray for 3 Tds from Brees to McCardell - double points!!
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Great team. I'm not so sure about trading for an old player like Jimmy Smith. He's been a great player through the years, but remember he's 36 years old. You have 4 very good running backs. I would wait a week or two (until Cadillac comes back healthy) and trade one of your RB's for an elite wide receiver like Steve Smith.

The only thing I would do with your lineup is play Brees this week instead of Culpepper and possibly McCardell instead of Glenn. The rest of your lineup is solid.

As for your league, is it a pay league and how can I get in? Any league where the same team gets 4 running backs that good is rather weak, to say the least.
              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

This is an 8 team league. I picked Priest and Portis 1-2.......

I fell into Lamont and Caddy late.

I also have Willie Parker.........

My receivers are weak.

Would you guys really sit Glenn against Arizona?

I am just scared to start Brees/Keenan. If they dont do a damn thing I could basically lose on that alone.

I only want Jimmy Smith for this week. You know he will catch 8 balls for 100 and at least 1 TD against the Rams.

Comment

I'm concerned about starting Glenn becuase Bledsoe had a bad week.

He started out hot, but he played last week like I expected him to, so if I had to guess, I would say that those 3-4 TD days are almost over for Bledsoe this season. With that, Glenn's stats are going to drop.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 26 2005, 12:42 PM) Quoted post

I'm concerned about starting Glenn becuase Bledsoe had a bad week.

He started out hot, but he played last week like I expected him to, so if I had to guess, I would say that those 3-4 TD days are almost over for Bledsoe this season. With that, Glenn's stats are going to drop.
                    [/b][/quote]

I can see that.

Let's assume I land Jimmy Smith for this week.

Do you go Burress/Smith or do you go Burress/McCardell

I just love the matchup for smitty against groce, etc.........but I do not wish to be blinded by the hometown game. I have fell for that in the past. However, I damn near picked up Hakim last week because I had a hunch he'd do something against the Rams. This season I have picked up 3 tight ends to start against STL because I figured they'd score and or gain yards against that weak ass middle. And I was right 2/3 times.

I stress out too much over my lineup, by my problem is that I have too many weapons. That is a good problem to have, except for the fact that when my bench outscores my starters and I lose I get pissed. It is hard to say who starts this week.

Thanks guys! Any update on Caddy? I think he should be rested and ready to tear SF a new ass.

Comment

Jack, I am in a similar situation in the pay league that I'm 6-1 in.

I have these RBs:

Steven Jackson vs Jax
                      Cadillac Williams vs SF
                      Priest Holmes vs SD

I'm going with Holmes and Williams...If Cadillac can't have a decent game this week against SF, then his value for the rest of the season will be in serious question. He's had 3 weeks off, he should be healthy.
                      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 26 2005, 01:31 PM) Quoted post

Jack, I am in a similar situation in the pay league that I'm 6-1 in.

I have these RBs:

Steven Jackson vs Jax
                        Cadillac Williams vs SF
                        Priest Holmes vs SD

I'm going with Holmes and Williams...If Cadillac can't have a decent game this week against SF, then his value for the rest of the season will be in serious question. He's had 3 weeks off, he should be healthy.
                        [/b][/quote]

Yeah. Think it would be wise to start him this week instead of Portis at the Giants? Caddy should have fun this week, considering what Portis did to them last week (3 tds and 100 yds)

You said it best. If we dont start Caddy this week, we should never start him the rest of the way. He should be good for a td or two and 80 plus.

Comment

No one cares about Defense/Special Teams but what is a hot pick this week?

I have the Giants but like two others......Detroit hosting Chicago and what I think would be the best start is Jax at the Rams.

I think with Martin in there Jax has tons of chances for sacks and picks and perhaps a ST TD or a Defense td.

Should I stay with the Giants?

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Oct 27 2005, 08:49 AM) Quoted post

No one cares about Defense/Special Teams but what is a hot pick this week?

I have the Giants but like two others......Detroit hosting Chicago and what I think would be the best start is Jax at the Rams.

I think with Martin in there Jax has tons of chances for sacks and picks and perhaps a ST TD or a Defense td.

Should I stay with the Giants?
                            [/b][/quote]
                            here is your special teams/defense info

START 'EM:
                            The Buccaneers DST should produce a ton of points on the road against a 49ers offense that averages a mere 16.0 PPG and has committed the second-most giveaways (11 interceptions, eight fumbles) in the league. ... The Dolphins DST is a nice one-week option against a Saints offense that has committed a league-high 21 giveaways (10 interceptions, 11 fumbles) and could be without WR Joe Horn for another week. ... The Jaguars DST should produce nine totals on the road against a Rams offense that has committed 18 giveaways and could be without QB Marc Bulger and WRs Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce due to injuries. ... The Steelers DST is a solid option on Monday Night Football against a Ravens offense that ranks last with a 11.5 PPH average on the season.

One-week sleeper: The Raiders DST at Tennessee

SIT 'EM:
                            The Ravens DST will be without SS Ed Reed and LB Ray Lewis due to injuries and face a Steelers offense that has committed a mere eight giveaways (four interceptions, four fumbles). ... The Chiefs DST has struggled in recent weeks and will fail to produce against a Chargers offense that has scored an average of 27.6 PPG after seven weeks. ... The Packers DST has been a decent option in recent weeks but won't be an attractive one when he faces a Bengals offense that averages 24.0 PPG and has committed a mere seven giveaways (four interceptions, three fumbles). ... The Patriots DST could have Ted Bruschi back this week but still have several important components hurt in its defensive backfield and aren't a recommended option against a Bills offense that has just eight giveaways (four interceptions, four fumbles).

One-week bust: The Eagles DST at Denver
                            [/b][/quote]
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott
                            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Jack Sparrow @ Oct 26 2005, 12:40 PM) Quoted post

I only want Jimmy Smith for this week. You know he will catch 8 balls for 100 and at least 1 TD against the Rams.
                              [/b][/quote]

Why would an owner of a team trade for a player only for his performance in one single game? Makes no sense to me. You have some stud running backs and could get a better receiver for one of them, but do what you want. It's your team.
                              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                              X