• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National League.....

...sucks.

0-7 in last 7 World Series games.

0-8-1 in last 9 All-Star games.

Just sayin'.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Well, sure, but Ken Rosenthal said today that the Houston Astros are one of the most resilient teams in the history of baseball. So, we've got that going for us NLers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5025788
    June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

And the Cubs are the best team on paper.

Yay senior circuit!
      RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
      You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Oct 26 2005, 08:49 AM) Quoted post

Well, sure, but Ken Rosenthal said today that the Houston Astros are one of the most resilient teams in the history of baseball. So, we've got that going for us NLers.

[/b][/quote]

I'll take talent over resiliency. The White Sox are better. Just like the Cardinals were better. Only the White Sox decided to prove it.
        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 26 2005, 10:00 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Oct 26 2005, 08:49 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I'll take talent over resiliency. The White Sox are better. Just like the Cardinals were better. Only the White Sox decided to prove it.
          [/b][/quote]

Exactly. After the way the Cards played in the NLCS, the Sox woulda swept us for sure. Glad its not us this year getting our asses handed to us again.

Comment

What do the NFC and NL have in common ? They are both putrid. I wouldn't be shocked to see either Houston or the Cardinals get back to the WS next year.

Comment

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 26 2005, 09:12 AM) Quoted post

What do the NFC and NL have in common ? They are both putrid. I wouldn't be shocked to see either Houston or the Cardinals get back to the WS next year.
              [/b][/quote]

All roads to the pennant lead through the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img] Just like every year.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 26 2005, 10:16 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GreatestShow99 @ Oct 26 2005, 09:12 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

All roads to the pennant lead through the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img] Just like every year.
                [/b][/quote]
                [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys better respect the [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cubs.gif[/img] or you'll all look like a bunch of [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] .
                  His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                  Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Well the National League Central is now 0 - 10 vs opponents not from the National League Central in either the NLCS or the World Series.

Beginning with the Cub meltdown against the Marlins - Cards vs Sox - Stros vs Sox.

What do all those teams have in common. Cubs first time getting a whiff. Cards first whiff in a while. Stros first time getting a whiff.

Next year - the Reds rise to fall in October - book it. Or will it be the Pirates - you never know.
                    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I'm still having trouble with the label "one of the most resilient in the history of the game." That's covering an awful lot of territory for a team whose resiliency was only manifested by overcoming a slow start. My recollection is that there are quite a few teams that have done that.
                      June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 26 2005, 11:26 AM) Quoted post

Well the National League Central is now 0 - 10 vs opponents not from the National League Central in either the NLCS or the World Series.

Beginning with the Cub meltdown against the Marlins - Cards vs Sox - Stros vs Sox.

What do all those teams have in common. Cubs first time getting a whiff. Cards first whiff in a while. Stros first time getting a whiff.

Next year - the Reds rise to fall in October - book it. Or will it be the Pirates - you never know.
                        [/b][/quote]

The NL Central will be the only division without a WS since the Wild Card. It's been 15 years since the Reds won. No other team in the current division went until last year's Cards.

Comment

QUOTE(tallahassee blues fan @ Oct 26 2005, 10:33 AM) Quoted post

I'm still having trouble with the label "one of the most resilient in the history of the game." That's covering an awful lot of territory for a team whose resiliency was only manifested by overcoming a slow start. My recollection is that there are quite a few teams that have done that.
                          [/b][/quote]

When you've got nothing else, hyperbole will bail you out...

Comment

QUOTE(kennyboyerfan @ Oct 26 2005, 08:45 AM) Quoted post

...sucks.

0-7 in last 7 World Series games.

0-8-1 in last 9 All-Star games.

Just sayin'.
                            [/b][/quote]

This just shows that baseball is fixed.

And until the Cardinals win the World Series, I'll refuse to believe otherwise.
                            Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

When doing my year end analysis - this is what struck me most about baseball this year.

There were a lot of inferior teams in both leagues. I don't think the NL is any better or worse than the AL. We should have known something when our triple AAA line up won so many games.

What did the final four teams in the playoffs have in common? - Pretty much in tact starting pitching staffs the whole year and above average defense.

The Cardinals jumped in first place with a 5 - 4 record and their next meaningful game was game 1 vs the Stros. The Stros tanked a month and their next meaningful game turned out to be game 1 vs the Sox. I thought we would win because it was a real watered down product this year.
                              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X