Thank you sir may I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you sir may I have another?

Can't believe they are bringing Wayne back.

HOUSTON (AP) - New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has been offered a three-year contract worth more than $5 million, and the team hopes he will decide in the next few days to stay.

Cashman, who made $1.15 million in the final season of a three-year contract that expires Monday, has not told the team of his intentions, a high-ranking baseball official said Tuesday. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because negotiations are ongoing.
    Cashman and Yankees general partner Steve Swindal, who is handling negotiations on behalf of the team, did not return telephone calls seeking comment.

New York's other offseason moves have been put off until Cashman makes his decision. The Yankees hope to finalize a contract with Larry Bowa to become third-base coach and plan to discuss a new contract for outfielder Hideki Matsui, who is eligible for free agency following the World Series.

Cashman has been the Yankees' general manager since Bob Watson quit after the 1997 season. If he would leave New York, several other teams are thought to be interested in talking with him, including the Philadelphia Phillies.

Yankees manager Joe Torre said last week that he intends to fulfill the final two seasons of his contract, which runs through the 2007 season
    [/b][/quote]
    Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Phillies owner Dave Montgomery apparently has a stiff one for Cashman. I hope he stays with the Yanks.
    Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Oct 25 2005, 08:48 PM) Quoted post

Phillies owner Dave Montgomery apparently has a stiff on for Cashman. I hope he stays with the Yanks.
      [/b][/quote]

Thought of you when I read the article.

If he doesn't go back to the Yanks and signs with the Phillies you might as well become a permanent Cards fan.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

I'm not classy enough to be a Cards fan.

Comment

QUOTE(CSD @ Oct 25 2005, 08:50 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Have you seen some of the Cardinal fans that hang out on this forum CSD?

It's a pretty low bar.

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Amen to that. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

QUOTE(hkyfan @ Oct 25 2005, 09:54 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Have you seen some of the Cardinal fans that hang out on this forum CSD?

It's a pretty low bar.
              [/b][/quote]

You ain't kidding. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe if George goes back to his old ways in firing after 1 year of no World Series title, they'll go back to winning them. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

I thought Cash was going to leave...he's been the whipping boy for a long time and the Tampa faction despises him, although, I think he's pretty good.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 25 2005, 11:20 PM) Quoted post

I thought Cash was going to leave...he's been the whipping boy for a long time and the Tampa faction despises him, although, I think he's pretty good.
                    [/b][/quote]

He still might leave but I hope not.

Comment

Get DePodesta up there. I would love to see him do to the Yankees what he did to the Dodgers.
                      In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Ain't the General Manager's position for the Yankees pretty much a figurehead position anyway?

Comment

[/b][/quote]

Sure you are
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

It's official:

Cashman to stay with Yankees for 3 years

HOUSTON -- New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman decided Wednesday to stay with the only team he's ever worked for, accepting a three-year contract worth more than $5 million.

Cashman's current contract expires Oct. 31, and the Yankees cannot announce the new deal until after the World Series, a high-ranking baseball official said.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because baseball commissioner Bud Selig prohibits teams from making major announcements during the Series. The deal with Cashman still has not been finalized, the official add.

With the decisions of Cashman and manager Joe Torre to stay with the Yankees, New York can start on its offseason moves next week. It appears the Yankees' first priority will be to re-sign outfielder Hideki Matui, who is eligible for free agency.

New York also has a deal that is all-but-finalized with former San Diego and Philadelphia manager Larry Bowa, who would become third-base coach.

Cashman and Yankees general partner Steve Swindal did not return telephone calls seeking comment, and team spokesman Rick Cerrone said the Yankees had nothing to announce. Cashman's acceptance was first reported by Newsday on its Web site.

Philadelphia, which is seeking a replacement for general manager Ed Wade, had been seen as one of the potential suitors for Cashman. Gerry Hunsicker, who resigned as the Houston Astros' general manager last November, could become a candidate for the Phillies' job.
                            [/b][/quote]

Comment

I hear Theo Epstein may have some interest in the Phillies job should he keep turning down the Sawx till November 1.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X