Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4

Worth the buy?

I haven't played these type of games in years, but I'm thinking about getting this along with San Andreas, which I still haven't bought.
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Anybody?
    In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

You looking to buy it because the combat and blowing shit up appeals to you? (And there ain't *nothing* wrong with that, either. Blowing zombies into giblets is fucking fun.)

Or, are you looking to get it because it's nearly Halloween, and you're looking for a good scare?
      I like cheese.

Comment

San Andreas kicks all ass.

Comment

QUOTE(triggercut1 @ Oct 25 2005, 12:46 PM) Quoted post

You looking to buy it because the combat and blowing shit up appeals to you? (And there ain't *nothing* wrong with that, either. Blowing zombies into giblets is fucking fun.)
          [/b][/quote]
          ++
          In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

Then I'd say it's a good game for that...and I enjoyed it the most of any of the games in the series.

Now then...if'n you want to be scared shitless playing a game, run, don't walk to the store and pick up a copy of Fatal Frame 2. It's a game I re-play every year around Halloween, and is the most intense and chilling "entertainment" thing I've ever played. My girlfriend has zero interest in videogames but was watching me play over the weekend and now I'm stuck having to finish the damn thing so she can see how it ends. There were at least four times where it was demanded of me to turn it off and put the lights on so she could "chill out for a minute". Scariest game ever made, on any platform.
            I like cheese.

Comment

QUOTE(triggercut1 @ Oct 25 2005, 12:57 PM) Quoted post

Then I'd say it's a good game for that...and I enjoyed it the most of any of the games in the series.

Now then...if'n you want to be scared shitless playing a game, run, don't walk to the store and pick up a copy of Fatal Frame 2. It's a game I re-play every year around Halloween, and is the most intense and chilling "entertainment" thing I've ever played. My girlfriend has zero interest in videogames but was watching me play over the weekend and now I'm stuck having to finish the damn thing so she can see how it ends. There were at least four times where it was demanded of me to turn it off and put the lights on so she could "chill out for a minute". Scariest game ever made, on any platform.
              [/b][/quote]
              Haha, seriously? What makes it so scary?
              In Construction

(the move messed it up)

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 25 2005, 01:02 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                Haha, seriously? What makes it so scary?
                [/b][/quote]

The Japanese guy who designed it is some kind of crazy horror genius. He totally gets into your brain early on, and manipulates the shit out of you and your expectations. For one thing, he makes the protagonists of his game female, and that adds an extra level of vulnerability--instead of being a badass with a chaingun, you're a chick with a camera, and on some level of subconscious, that enters into the equation.

From there, all sorts of freaky shit happens. You'll barely catch the glimpse of a ghost (or was it?) in the background for just a second. You'll hear footsteps approaching, but nothing's there. The game will be completely silent except for your own footfalls for ten minutes at a time...and then an evil ghost comes at you and the game soundtrack turns into the shower scene in Psycho.
                I like cheese.

Comment

Now then...if'n you want to be scared shitless playing a game, run, don't walk to the store and pick up a copy of Fatal Frame 2.
                  [/b][/quote]

++

A good game to play on a dark night with the lights off.
                  And if you have the directors cut, with the surround sound giving it even more realism.
                  "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                  "I didn't know you
                  had any feelings"

Comment

QUOTE(Brosnan2715 @ Oct 25 2005, 12:09 PM) Quoted post

Worth the buy?

I haven't played these type of games in years, but I'm thinking about getting this along with San Andreas, which I still haven't bought.
                    [/b][/quote]

According to what you said later on, yes very much worth the buy.
                    The AI is much better this time around, and it really changes the experience for the better.
                    Plus you don't have to conserve ammo like you did in the past.
                    "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                    "I didn't know you
                    had any feelings"

Comment

Working...
                    X