Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's with white sox fans?

but biggio is a class act here.

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen apologized after Houston Astros second baseman Craig Biggio's wife was slapped by a male fan in Chicago.

The incident happened Sunday night in the stands at US Cellular Field, where the White Sox beat Houston in Game 2 of the World Series.

Biggio said his wife, Patty, wasn't hurt. He said the fan slapped his wife then tried to run away -- before the player's brother-in-law ended up "putting him against the wall."

Astros manager Phil Garner said that the fan had been bothering her for a while -- pulling Patty Biggio's hair and jostling her.

Guillen issued a public apology on behalf of his organization.

Chicago police say no criminal complaint has been filed.

Biggio played down an altercation.

"It was one guy who acted like a 12-year-old, who slapped her upside the head," said Biggio. "I'm not going to sit here and hold all the Chicago fans accountable for this for one guy who was acting like an idiot."

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Monday he was going to personally apologize to Biggio on Tuesday.

"I know the security in Chicago is doing a great job and when something happens so quickly, you can't blame anybody," Guillen said. "And the guy that did it, he should be brought to Biggio and he's the one who can hopefully get him back.

"I told the police, 'Don't put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,"' Guillen said. "Hopefully, that won't happen again."[/b][/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...tory?id=2203060

moon.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 25 2005, 10:00 AM) Quoted post

moon.
      [/b][/quote]

Classic.
      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

Bitch wouldn't swallow...had to slap her....
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

"I told the police, 'Don't put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,"' Guillen said. "Hopefully, that won't happen again."[/quote]

The cops should take Ozzie up on his request and run the punk down to the ChiSox dugout. That would be interesting. However, the way things are going the Sox may not be back in their dugout this year.

Comment

Nice generalization. Blame the entire fan base of the White Sox for one idiot fans actions. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

QUOTE(dhaab @ Oct 25 2005, 11:38 AM) Quoted post

Nice generalization. Blame the entire fan base of the White Sox for one idiot fans actions. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
              [/b][/quote]

The guy who attacked KC coach Tom Gamboa
              The guy who attacked ump Laz Diaz

There must be something in the water on the Southside.
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(hansolo @ Oct 25 2005, 10:57 AM) Quoted post

but biggio is a class act here.

"

Astros manager Phil Garner said that the fan had been bothering her for a while -- pulling Patty Biggio's hair and jostling her.

[/b][/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005...tory?id=2203060
                [/b][/quote]

Hey you dumb bitch, there are ushers that you can complain to. It does not take much to get someone thrown out of the ball park...
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Is it just me or is most of the shit that comes outta Ozzie Guillen's mouth
                  stupid?
                  You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

for reference:

I think she's the short one in the middle.

I'd slap her too.

Comment

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 25 2005, 12:24 PM) Quoted post

stupid?
                      [/b][/quote]
                      Hard to say. First you have to understand the shit that comes out of Ozzie Guillen's mouth.

Comment

Why is Torry Holt at Minute Maid?

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Blue Chicago @ Oct 25 2005, 12:34 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Nasty Nate @ Oct 25 2005, 12:24 PM) Quoted post

stupid?
                          [/b][/quote]
                          Hard to say. First you have to understand the shit that comes out of Ozzie Guillen's mouth.
                          [/b][/quote]

+fucking+
                          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Didn't 007 do this to her last week?
                            RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                            You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 25 2005, 12:48 PM) Quoted post

Didn't 007 do this to her last week?
                              [/b][/quote]
                              No, he was just popping kids' thunderstix.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X