Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martz's Next Job

What will Mike's next job be?

No way anyone gives him a head coaching job the year after his tenure here. I don't think anyone will let him call plays as an offensive coordinator, either.

I think if he wants to be in the NFL right away after his Rams job, it will be as a quarterback's coach. Either that, or as a college coach at a mid major program (a la, June Jones in Hawaii). How is San Diego state this year??

He may get a shot at coordinator down the line, but never a NFL head coach again
    Sketch in STL
    Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

He'll retire. He doesn't need to work.

Comment

He'll be head coach next year of the St. Louis Rams.

Comment

QUOTE(pgrote @ Oct 25 2005, 10:12 AM) Quoted post
        He'll be head coach next year of the Minnesota Vikings. [/b][/quote]

fixed

Comment

QUOTE(sketch @ Oct 25 2005, 10:08 AM) Quoted post

He may get a shot at coordinator down the line, but never a NFL head coach again
          [/b][/quote]

I think you're crazy. O-coordinator is the MINIMUM job he'll get -- assuming he's not here.
          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

He will be a head coach next season. Look at some of the dolts out there. He wins games. His teams are fun to watch. He sells tickets.
            The Dude abides.

Comment

QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Oct 25 2005, 10:15 AM) Quoted post

He will be a head coach next season. Look at some of the dolts out there. He wins games. His teams are fun to watch. He sells tickets.
              [/b][/quote]

He is a .500 coach over the last 2 seasons. And where does he sell tickets? The Dome sells because of PSLs, not Martz.

Moon

Comment

Offensive Coordinator, Arizona or NY Giants.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Father figure to young black boy with a thyroid condition in CBS sitcom.

Moon

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 25 2005, 10:20 AM) Quoted post

Father figure to young black boy with a thyroid condition in CBS sitcom.

Moon
                    [/b][/quote]

"Shoot, we'll fix that"
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 25 2005, 10:13 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(sketch @ Oct 25 2005, 10:08 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

I think you're crazy. O-coordinator is the MINIMUM job he'll get -- assuming he's not here.
                      [/b][/quote]

Concievably he could be here next year, but whenever his tenure ends....

I think he may get a coordinator job 4-5 years down the line, but not right away. Would Mike be able to take a backseat job and take direction from a head coach? What head coach would want him in control after they have seen his undisciplined play calling, unless it is only as a game planner.

That's why I see him becoming a king at a college or taking a way backseat role developing quarterbacks (his greatest strength) until he can get a coordinator job where he can call plays.

Wait, do the Raiders need a coach yet?? If Al Davis is still alive, he may give a job to Mike.
                      Sketch in STL
                      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

QUOTE(Moon Man @ Oct 25 2005, 10:17 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

He is a .500 coach over the last 2 seasons. And where does he sell tickets? The Dome sells because of PSLs, not Martz.

Moon
                        [/b][/quote]

He'd be an immediate upgrade - and PR coup - for Detroit, Houston, Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, Buffalo and/or Baltimore.
                        The Dude abides.

Comment

QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Oct 25 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Moon
                          [/b][/quote]

He'd be an immediate upgrade - and PR coup - for Detroit, Houston, Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, Buffalo and/or Baltimore.
                          [/b][/quote]

Maybe so. That doesn't mean he wins games or sells tickets. Or that his teams are all that entertaining - certainly not anymore.

Moon

Comment

Offensive coordinator wherever the hell he wants to be.

Heck, I could see him in New England. They are a mess offensively.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

QUOTE(Moe_Szyslak @ Oct 25 2005, 10:28 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Moon
                              [/b][/quote]

He'd be an immediate upgrade - and PR coup - for Detroit, Houston, Green Bay, New Orleans, Minnesota, Buffalo and/or Baltimore. [/b][/quote]

Not Buffalo, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X