X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush admin apologizes for NEA=Terrorists

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm
    SECRETARY PAIGE ISSUES APOLOGY FOR 'TERROR' COMMENT ABOUT TEACHER'S UNION
    Mon Feb 23 2004 18:51:54 ET U.S. Secretary of Education Rod Paige today issued the following apology for his remarks about the NEA.

"It was an inappropriate choice of words to describe the obstructionist scare tactics the NEA's Washington lobbyists have employed against No Child Left Behind's historic education reforms. I also said, as I have repeatedly, that our nation's teachers, who have dedicated their lives to service in the classroom, are the real soldiers of democracy, whereas the NEA's high-priced Washington lobbyists have made no secret that they will fight against bringing real, rock-solid improvements in the way we educate all our children regardless of skin color, accent or where they live. But, as one who grew up on the receiving end of insensitive remarks, I should have chosen my words better."
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

There's an apology in there somewhere?
    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I'm not sure dred. Usually an apology contains the word "apologize" or "sorry", and I don't see either of them in there.

Sure sounds like Paige was "jus' kiddin'" when he called them terrorists, doesn't it?
      2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

I tried to click on the RNC ad from that Drudge page but my AdWatch said "No no no!".

Comment

Hmmm dredbyrd. Seems no one wants to defend the Republicans on this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 24 2004, 10:52 AM
            Hmmm dredbyrd. Seems no one wants to defend the Republicans on this one either.
            Allow me then.

I remain confident that many of these teachers will be found to be in possession of Weapons of Math Instruction.

Comment

Working...
            X