Roof expected to be open for Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof expected to be open for Game 3

HOUSTON -- Mankind's desire for shelter goes back to the days of the cave men. But Major League Baseball is sending signals it thinks the Houston Astros' desire for a roof over their heads has gone a little too far.
    So commissioner Bud Selig is expected to decide personally that the roof of Minute Maid Park should be open for Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday night.[/b][/quote]

I know many of you want Houston to lose this series, but I think it's BS that Bud is gonna decide what happens with the roof in Houston.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

It should be open all the time or closed all the time.

It shouldn't be decided on a game by game basis.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 24 2005, 09:26 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Then why have a retractable roof?

Comment

QUOTE(hansolo @ Oct 24 2005, 08:27 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(JWB @ Oct 24 2005, 09:26 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Then why have a retractable roof?
        [/b][/quote]

I don't know, ask the Astros.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

I want Houston to lose this series, I think retractable roofs should be open at all times unless it is actually fucking raining, and what's more, I know that this is well within the power of the commissioner to decide.
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 24 2005, 09:23 PM) Quoted post

I know many of you want Houston to lose this series, but I think it's BS that Bud is gonna decide what happens with the roof in Houston.
            [/b][/quote]

MLB controls everything at the ball parks for the playoffs...

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 24 2005, 08:23 PM) Quoted post

HOUSTON -- Mankind's desire for shelter goes back to the days of the cave men. But Major League Baseball is sending signals it thinks the Houston Astros' desire for a roof over their heads has gone a little too far.
              So commissioner Bud Selig is expected to decide personally that the roof of Minute Maid Park should be open for Game 3 of the World Series on Tuesday night.[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

He's the commissioner of baseball during the freakin' World Series.

What else does he have to do, yaks? You've got the job of blowin' both Hillary and Bill for the next 50 years, so that's out.

And Stark wrote that MLB didn't have a hand in keeping the Juicebox closed during the DS and LCS, which is what I figured.
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 24 2005, 08:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

MLB controls everything at the ball parks for the playoffs... [/b][/quote]

Yup and in the NLCS it was ok, but now it's not?
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(kah @ Oct 24 2005, 08:29 PM) Quoted post

I want Houston to lose this series, I think retractable roofs should be open at all times unless it is actually fucking raining, and what's more, I know that this is well within the power of the commissioner to decide.
                  [/b][/quote]

++++

I asked this question during one of the GDTs. The roof should not be closed just because Roger fucking Clemens wants it closed.

If it's raining and it helps avoid a delay, then close it. Otherwise leave it open and play baseball the way it is supposed to be played - outside.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 24 2005, 06:31 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

It wasn't OK in the NLCS either, but better late than never for Bud to intervene.

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 24 2005, 09:31 PM) Quoted post

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 24 2005, 08:29 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

MLB controls everything at the ball parks for the playoffs... [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You're talking about Bud Selig...I wouldn't have put him in charge of a 7-11 and the dude is Commissioner of baseball.

Comment

"Shemp" Selig is being forced by Chicagoland "La Famiglia" to even things up for the Sox.

Comment

The noise was good, but I thought they phoned in a lot of the funk.

Co-Sponsor of Yadi Molina, possessor of the best waxed eyebrows in the league.

Sponsor of steveInebriated and fetcher of cold beer.

Comment

I think it's important to note that having the roof open for the NLCS would only matter if the Caridnals could actually put the bat on the ball...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Oct 24 2005, 11:06 PM) Quoted post

I think it's important to note that having the roof open for the NLCS would only matter if the Caridnals could actually put the bat on the ball...
                              [/b][/quote]

I don't think anybody's saying the roof being open would have won us Games 3 or 4. It's just that indoor baseball blows.

Comment

Working...
                              X