Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martz Out for Season

Edit:

Based on doctor's recommendation --- so they say.

Will he ever be back?
    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Martz has coached his last game as the Rams HC.

you heard it here first.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Got to see to your health good luck mike. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]
      Time for change

Comment

QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Oct 24 2005, 02:06 PM) Quoted post

you heard it here first.
        [/b][/quote]

QFA

You beat me to it.
        RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
        You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

you heard it here first.
          [/b][/quote]

Not if there is a telephone within his reach.

Moon

Comment

you heard it here first.
            [/b][/quote]

Actually I heard that from Claibs first. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Yeah, I think he's essentially done...nice timing after yesterday's phone issue....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

QUOTE(phantom @ Oct 24 2005, 02:04 PM) Quoted post

Edit:

Based on doctor's recommendation --- so they say.

Will he ever be back?
                [/b][/quote]

I sure hope not.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

I bet Martzie's gonna pull some Milton Waddams fire shit out @ Rams Park...
                  . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                  -mike
                  mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

QUOTE(OldSchoolStroker @ Oct 24 2005, 02:09 PM) Quoted post

I bet Martzie's gonna pull some Milton Waddams fire shit out @ Rams Park...
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll2.gif[/img]

Comment

You're right Bond.

Interesting timing. I too believe he's done in STL.
                      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

QUOTE(moedrabowsky @ Oct 24 2005, 02:14 PM) Quoted post

You're right Bond.

Interesting timing. I too believe he's done in STL.
                        [/b][/quote]
                        You could look @ the events of this weekend both ways, actually...

1) He shows up @ Rams Park on Saturday nite to fire up the troops and feels healthy enough yesterday to watch the game and call in a play or two, showing the team he'll be back soon...after getting his play blocked by Zygmunt, he decides enough is enough and we'll try to save face by calling it a season and waiting Zygmunt out in a game of office poiltics chicken.....

2) He shows up @ Rams Park on Saturday nite to give a 'win one for the Gipper' speech and to let them know he won't be returning this season b/c it's gonna take him longer than expected to recover....

All I know is the Circus @ Rams Park is fun to watch....

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 24 2005, 01:21 PM) Quoted post

All I know is the Circus @ Rams Park is fun to watch....
                          [/b][/quote]

Unless you're a Rams fan...
                          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Rams official media press release:

Head Coach Mike Martz advised the St. Louis Rams today that after being examined and evaluated by his treating physician, Dr. Victoria Fraser, co-chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, that his illness will prevent him from performing his duties as the Rams Head Coach for the remainder of the 2005 NFL season.

Coach Martz has been suffering with an acute bacterial infection since the beginning of the season. After a series of medical treatments, he was initially admitted to the hospital on September 30 for treatment and evaluation. On October 5, Coach Martz announced that he had been sick for several weeks and that his condition prevented him from attending practice.

On Monday, October 10, Coach Martz advised the Rams that his condition had worsened and that he would be readmitted to the hospital that day. At that time, the team announced Coach Martz would be unable to perform his head coaching responsibilities for an indefinite period of time, and that assistant head coach Joe Vitt was named interim head coach.

Joe Vitt will continue as head coach for the balance of the 2005 season.

Comment

I'm REALLY FUCKING FAR from being a Kurt Warner fan...but it's kinda funny that Martzie's getting the boot from his job while injured just like KW... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                              . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                              -mike
                              mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Working...
                              X