The "conditions" of WS Game 2..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "conditions" of WS Game 2..

What a lot of the Astros will remember are the conditions. Had this been a regular-season game, they almost certainly wouldn't have played it.

The postseason is different. Fox television wanted the game played. It didn't want a rainout. It didn't want a World Series game going against Monday Night Football .

So they played.[/b][/quote]

Hilarious.

Perhaps the Astros should have played baseball, you know, OUTDOORS once in awhile? Like it's supposed to be played?

Lights Out Lidge just turned the Lights Out....in Houston.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

how long was the delay to start it?
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 24 2005, 12:53 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
      four minutes...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

If they were so cold maybe they should have called for a WHAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!
        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Couldn't happen to a gheyer team...I hope Oswalt breaks his leg on the way to the Minute Maid sham & the 'Stros get 'Swept...
          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
          -mike
          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Fuck the Astros.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 24 2005, 12:59 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
              four minutes...
              [/b][/quote]
              then what is the problem? There have been games played when it has rained and the field was sloppy. But it was no real danger to those playing. Too cold? WHAAAAAAAAAA, get some mittens. I played two ball games tonight myself and part of the time it was raining.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 24 2005, 01:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                four minutes...
                [/b][/quote]
                then what is the problem? There have been games played when it has rained and the field was sloppy. But it was no real danger to those playing. Too cold? WHAAAAAAAAAA, get some mittens. I played two ball games tonight myself and part of the time it was raining.
                [/b][/quote]
                Sorry, I was wrong...

The game began 7 minutes later, the first rain delay at the start of a Series game since Game 3 in 1993 at Philadelphia began 1:12 late.[/b][/quote]

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I don't care either way, someone should actually ask MLB, and then do some checking about not playing games for cold.
                  If they wouldn't have played in a regular season game they shouldn't have played tonight.
                  TV shouldn't dictate if a game gets played or not.
                  Just do the right thing.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

QUOTE(*007* @ Oct 24 2005, 01:25 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 24 2005, 01:18 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                    four minutes...
                    [/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]
                    Sorry, I was wrong...

The game began 7 minutes later, the first rain delay at the start of a Series game since Game 3 in 1993 at Philadelphia began 1:12 late.[/b][/quote]
                    [/b][/quote]
                    ahh, 3 minutes later [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

But are they bitching about the cold mostly? I doubt that if this game was played in New York or Boston anything would have been said.
                    Sponsor of:
                    Brian Elliott

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 24 2005, 01:09 AM) Quoted post

Fuck the Astros.

[/b][/quote]

Dude, there's no way Lidge is coming back from this. Just the sheer number of photographs of him in extreme distress is enough.

That picture is hilarious. It looks like he's ready to ralph.
                      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 24 2005, 01:39 AM) Quoted post

Fuck the Astros.

[/b][/quote]

Dude, there's no way Lidge is coming back from this. Just the sheer number of photographs of him in extreme distress is enough.

[/b][/quote]
                        we need more!

Guess he is checking to see if he pissed himself yet in this one
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott

Comment

QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Oct 24 2005, 01:39 AM) Quoted post

Fuck the Astros.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
                          That's what I thought as well.

Comment

Podsednik?

Scott Podsednik?

Talk about your teams of destiny. It will be fun watching the White Sox sweep. And what the hell has happened to Lidge?
                            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

QUOTE(madyaks @ Oct 24 2005, 01:26 AM) Quoted post

I don't care either way, someone should actually ask MLB, and then do some checking about not playing games for cold.
                              If they wouldn't have played in a regular season game they shouldn't have played tonight.
                              TV shouldn't dictate if a game gets played or not.
                              Just do the right thing.
                              [/b][/quote]

Just exactly would you have MLB do differently concerning this game being played, madyaks? The weather is cold this time of the year in the northern part of the country. It isn't like a WS game has never been played in the cold before. You remember all those Yankees WS games in the 90's?

And they easily would have played a regular season game in identical or even colder conditions. In fact, I've attended early season games at Wrigley and The Cell (also old Comiskey) in sub freezing weather. Nobody bitched about it then.

Every player is experiencing the same conditions. It's not as if someone has an unfair advantage. Geez, if they hadn't played this game, we would have missed one of the best WS games of our lifetimes.
                              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                              X