High School or College Friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School or College Friends?

After college and once you enter the real world...Which friends are more important to you guys: High School Buddies or College Buddies?

Just wondering...
    Billikens.com

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Oct 23 2005, 10:38 PM) Quoted post
    After college and once you enter the real world...Which friends are more important to you guyst: High School Buddies or College Buddies?

Just wondering... [/b][/quote]

Both. They arent mutually exclusive, are they?

Comment

That's like asking a parent which child is their favorite, so I'll take the "I'm in your wedding" approach:
      College Friends - 4 (2 of which I'm the best man).
      High School Friends - 1.

I'm much closer to my college friends than my high school friends. Although, I do have a bunch of friends that I went to both high school and college with, so are they "super friends?"

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 23 2005, 10:40 PM) Quoted post

After college and once you enter the real world...Which friends are more important to you guyst: High School Buddies or College Buddies?

[/b][/quote]

Just wondering about the general trend of who people stay in touch with more. I am in college now, and it is interesting to see the fade-away of some high school friends, and I just wonder what it is like post college since college friendships are developed different than HS in my opinion....

This definitely has slow groove thread feeling to it...
        Billikens.com

Comment

QUOTE(SluSignGuy @ Oct 23 2005, 10:43 PM) Quoted post
          QUOTE(Indu WangZi @ Oct 23 2005, 10:40 PM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]

Just wondering about the general trend of who people stay in touch with more. I am in college now, and it is interesting to see the fade-away of some high school friends, and I just wonder what it is like post college since college friendships are developed different than HS in my opinion....

This definitely has slow groove thread feeling to it... [/b][/quote]

None of my HS friends attended the same college as I did..so, it was tough to stay in contact with them..unless, you go home for the summer. However, good high school mates, IMO, are the ones that last a life time. HS is such an important time in one's life..even more so than college.

I've found that I am still good mates with both..although, the college friends (save my bestest mate) are not as tight as my old HS buddies.

Comment

Well I type this as I sit in the living room of my old apartment in Bloomington, as my ex-roommates shower.

I kept in touch with 5 or 6 high school friends all throughout college. Half went to Illinois, the other half to SLU (and one went to Meramec). Im still good friends with all of them.

From college, I made a good number of friends, 2 of whom (married) moved to St. Louis in June. My ex-roommates are still friends, though I can see us losing touch after this year when they graduate and all move home or wherever their jobs take them. We became friends because of being assigned dorm rooms across from or near each other and with our mutual love of sports. But as soon as I moved home, being 1-2 years older than them, I could tell that theyre friends I'll talk to once in a while, but not an everyday type of friend my high school friends are.

Of course, with my HS friends still being in StL and my college friends being here in Bloomington (or already back in NYC), it makes quite a difference.
            Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
            Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
            There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
            "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
            "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

My HS buddies I keep in touch with one. When I head back home I generally run into a few but that is it. College buddies? I keep in touch with none of them. My military buddies on the other hand, I keep in touch with about 2-3 of them.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott
              Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
              5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I talk to one of my high school friends about once a year. We always talk about getting together, but never has happened for one reason or another. I never see anyone I went to HS with, and well I'm not complaining about it one bit. Ran into two people I grew up with after one of the guys softball games a few weeks ago - that was pretty weird.

My close friends from my college years, not necessarily that I met while at college I still talk too.
                Feb. 08, 2005
                Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                Originally posted by Airshark
                NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I'm close with most of my college friends still, hardly ever see high school friends unless I run into them somewhere. However, my college friends are really close with their friends from high school, and now Im close with them too.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor:
                  Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                  The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                  Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

QUOTE(Guppy @ Oct 24 2005, 12:05 AM) Quoted post

My HS buddies I keep in touch with one. When I head back home I generally run into a few but that is it. College buddies? I keep in touch with none of them. My military buddies on the other hand, I keep in touch with about 2-3 of them.
                    [/b][/quote]
                    So you have like 4 friends?

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 24 2005, 12:21 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                      [/b][/quote]
                      of those from HS, college and the military that are close enough that I keep in touch with, yes.
                      Sponsor of:
                      Brian Elliott

Comment

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 24 2005, 01:21 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                        [/b][/quote]
                        He's almost as alone as you (even when surrounded by friends) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

QUOTE(Ohio Blues @ Oct 24 2005, 12:29 AM) Quoted post

QUOTE(GloveSaveandaBeauty @ Oct 24 2005, 01:21 AM) Quoted post

[/b][/quote]
                          [/b][/quote]
                          He's almost as alone as you (even when surrounded by friends) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
                          [/b][/quote]
                          not totally. When back home, I run into people left and right that I know but they are not people I keep in touch with. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
                          Sponsor of:
                          Brian Elliott

Comment

With the exception of my daughter's mother I can't remember the last time I talked to someone I went to high school with...and if it weren't for business contacts I'd seldom talk to people I went to college with either.

Comment

QUOTE(210 @ Oct 24 2005, 05:09 AM) Quoted post

With the exception of my daughter's mother I can't remember the last time I talked to someone I went to high school with...and if it weren't for business contacts I'd seldom talk to people I went to college with either.
                              [/b][/quote]

This kind of describes me -- I'm not overly close to anyone from high school or college anymore. But a lot of that had to do with going to graduate school. Its such an intense experience, it basically shuts you off from the outside world and all of your friends become work-related. Plus, I regularly see the people I went to graduate school with at professional meetings.
                              On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Working...
                              X