Success of sports teams that have fired or had leave a successful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success of sports teams that have fired or had leave a successful

Of the top of my head I'd say the results are mixed at best and trend downward.

I know Tampa Bay made it after Dungy - and the university of Miami for a while was able to handle the transition but I don't think it usually works out.

Thoughts and shouts please.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

QUOTE(Schwahalala @ Oct 23 2005, 03:54 PM) Quoted post

Of the top of my head I'd say the results are mixed at best and trend downward.

I know Tampa Bay made it after Dungy - and the university of Miami for a while was able to handle the transition but I don't think it usually works out.

Thoughts and shouts please.
    [/b][/quote]

I know you don't follow hockey, but the Blues finished 4th overall in the NHL in the '97-'98 season after firing Mike Keenan.
    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/martz.gif[/img]
      .........trend downward

Comment

The Cowboys went from Jimmy to Barry Switzer...who won a Super Bowl thanks to Jimmy...

I could've coached that team...

I wonder if the same might be said about the Walsh to Seifert transition...although I thought George was a much better pro coach than Switzer...

Switzer was a shitty coach...and possibly the luckiest in NFL history...he did nothing but stand on the sidelines...and the bastard has a ring...
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I know the transition of Joel Quenneville to Mike Kitchen has been a roaring success....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Frank Solish at Nebraska. In 5 years he was 58-19 and fired in 2003. Although that is good my most standards, it was not good by Nebraska standards and bringing in Callahan
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Whitey left the cupboard a little bare -

Phil Jackson and Chicago was the demolitian of a franchise - with he Mike and Pippen all leaving.
              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
              X